A female Selfosophist in my home town!

As we all know, Selfosophy drew some inspiration from the US postal service. Well, now I have to say, I've met one in person.

We've all gone to the Post office from time to time. Picked up mail, bought stamps, mailed something to our grandmother for Christmas. Most people don't give it a 2nd thought. Nor did I. I've had a fairly uneventful lifetime experience with the US Postal Service..... Until moving here.

In the last few months, 2 different men have tried to mail me things that have never gotten here. There were 2 others that said they had mailed things, but I just didn't believe them. However, since one of these 2 men has become a very close and trusted friend, I believe him. Don't get me wrong...SOME of our mail gets to us, but sometime not. So far, we've had our home phone turned off for not paying a bill that we never got. We've had our cell phones turned off TWICE....one time because we didn't get a bill, and another because they never got their check for the bill. I was shocked to actually receieve TWO Christmas cards this year!!! :swingin: Guess some of 'em make it through!

Anyway, yesterday, I went to the local post office for the SECOND time to complain. The first person wanted to argue that maybe I didn't have a valid address. Dear god... Like I don't know where I live??? But, then she brought out the Selfosophist. The Post Mistress with her short, full, dark, perfectly manicured hair and her hands which had never touched dirt. I don't think she stopped smiling ONCE!!! She looked like she'd slept with a coat hanger in her mouth! :wtf: Meanwhile, in a VERY pleasant tone that would have lulled the most constipated of people into a sudden run to the bathroom....she asked if my "friends" were sure they'd filled out the address correctly.... Used enough postage.... And she must have asked me for details on the contents of every package about 4 times! She ever so politely offered to put a tracking on my mail, so that everything that comes in for me is red flagged, and if I call & say "Hey, I didn't get any mail today!" and I DID in their system, they'll know where the problem is. But, even that solution was offered up only after I ranted for 10 minutes. All the while thinking.... "My God! It's a female selfosophist!!!!!"

Now.... in case anyone is interested, here's a copy of the email I just sent to her. Wish me luck.

I understand that you are only responsible for what comes into your office in Commerce, Georgia, but I need to know who I can talk to about finding my mail. Just writing it off as "lost" is not acceptable to me. I lived in Maysville for 30 years, and in that time, there was only ONE such instance of gross negligence, resulting in me not getting my mail. A friend in Pennsylvania mailed me a large package with video tapes, and no one bothered to put a card in my box. Someone had to go in and DEMAND that the woman there go into the back & look...and there it was, set aside on a shelf, forgotten. But, this was ONE TIME in 30 years. Now, within the ONE year I have lived here near Commerce, there is a 90% failure rating of my packages being delivered. That seems unacceptable to me.

Item #1 A set of sheets mailed from Bogart Georgia. Mailed last summer. Never arrived.

Item #2 A print copy of a painting of an Orca Whale from an antique shop in Canada, along with a copy of the Freemason Constitution. Never arrived.

Item #3 Same guy tried again, with a package containing a large piece of agate, another copy of the Freemason Constitution, and something else with an orobors on it. (he had wanted that to be a surprise, so I don't know exactly what the item was. It was an early birthday present.) From Canada. Was returned when it made the scanners go *bleep*, and he mailed it again, using UPS. Never arrived.

Item #4 A painting of an ancient stone lighthouse. Never arrived. No excuses about it being Canada, because this was within this country. I don't remember what state.

Item #5 A rice cooker. Mailed from New Jersey. ARRIVED!!!! Wow!

Item #6 A check for a CD copy of an ancient recording. Never arrived.

Item #7 A wand, carved by an artist & mailed from New York state. Never arrived.

Item #8 A set of runes, carved from wood by the same artist in New York state. Never arrived.

Item #9 A small box of business cards from a medical intuitive I made a trade with a month ago. Arrived!!!!!

Now, as you can imagine, 7 failures from these 9 mailings is hardly acceptable, and I want to get to the bottom of this. The lighthouse painting and the check for the CD are a lost cause, since I no longer have contact info for them. Same with the sheets. However, the items from my friend in Canada are of the utmost importance. As well as the artwork from the man in New York. I am not willing to sit back and do nothing, essentially "cutting my losses". These 2 men paid a lot of money for the service of having these items delivered to me by PRIORITY mail, meaning I should have had them in days. It has been 2-3 months. I once ordered a season of The X Files off eBay from China and it was here within a couple of weeks. This was when I was still living in Maysville. So, for this many failures, from different locations, only after moving to this area, I see there must be some sort of a problem/failure in the system.

I look forward to your input in settling this matter.

Erin McRaven

p.s remember the 3 times we have not gotten bills and had utilities turned off as well.

As you can see... I'm pissed! :devil::angryred::ranting:

Hat's off to Selfosophists! If we had one for a president, I wonder what the country would be like? (hey, where did the selfosophy hands go in the smilies?)

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Elders (Admins)

LOL! Good luck in getting it sorted out!

Go around to her house and see if you can see your pictures hanging on her wall or your rice cooker in her kitchen! In order to sort the problem out, I would get someone to send you a human leg or a tongue - Millennium style! You'll have no problems with post after that! Or maybe you will...

At least she didn't tell you not to be dark!

• Thank you for not contributing to the spread of fake or inaccurate content, speculation or false information especially in relation to current worldwide health events.
  • Need help? For technical related issues, please use our Support Forum.
  • To report spam or inappropriate content, please use the Report option which flags all community Elders and autohides the content if multiple reports are received before site staff can respond directly.

• Elders (Admins)

A word of advice, don't shout "Die you dark b*******!" next time you go in there! :death:

• Thank you for not contributing to the spread of fake or inaccurate content, speculation or false information especially in relation to current worldwide health events.
  • Need help? For technical related issues, please use our Support Forum.
  • To report spam or inappropriate content, please use the Report option which flags all community Elders and autohides the content if multiple reports are received before site staff can respond directly.

Guest Moriarty

LOL! I'll send you a postcard on your birthday Raven, just to check if it arrives. I live on the other side of the world so I have my doubts :-)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines