why i HATE "the 4th horseman/the time is now"....

Rate this topic

....in a word YES,i would have a major problem with that and any organized religious society that expected me to give-up everything that is important to ones self,including individuality and independant thought. i'm not talking thousands of years ago,i'm talking now. nearly every point you make is "textbook" cultism-(i have plenty of books on the subject of cultism from many religious viewpoints,including "christian"!). would i want a group/sect/whatever telling me what to think and how to see things and what is right and wrong "according to them"? f*** no.

wouldn't it make more sense to have various religions in the group so as to have different viewpoints,more knowledge/more checks and balances and more ideas on how to fight evil and the approaching MM,rather than having a large centralized group of like-thinking people with,basicly, the same beliefs,having other members going out and getting candidates and "indoctrinating" them and finally having them be members........BUT ONLY IF YOU BELEIVE AS WE DO AND SEE THINGS THE WAY WE DO AS OUR WAY IS THE RIGHT/CORRECT WAY IF THE WORLD IS TO BE SAVED???-(just food for thought)

.... in an interview with chris carter,and henriksen in.......?,i wanna say "scream" magazine???-(god i should archive these things so people don't think i'm talking out of my arse:~) C.C.,and especialy henriksen-(not in the same interview but in the same issue)- discussed the unfortunate turn of events that "turned the millennium group into a cult".     henriksen further commented that-(and since i read this years ago now i am paraphrasing)....."when i signed on this was supposed to a show based on a REAL group,called "the academy",so it was a personal letdown that M&W had to have thier way-(NOT MY WORDS,PLEASE DON'T FLAME ME :cry: )-and turn the MM-group into a cult. it was a wild ride though,i'll say that! but it dawned on me when i got the scripts-(which scripts???)-and then spoke with M&W,that the group was now going to be a cult so that instead of undertsanding evil,and fighting it,it would now be about the group trying to "control" the future outcome."        

i'm assuming,and if i am incorrect please accept my apologies,that you are a very religious person???  you may be stunned to read this but i am also a very religious/spiritual person. i am just very much ANTI-ORGANIZED RELIGION-(keep in mind i am just refering to myself here). i was raised catholic during my childhood/teen years.

one of the unexpected,and FEW, positives of being disabled with dystonia-(and hence home a lot during the winters)- at a young age-(almost 20)-has given me plenty of time,as i have not been able to work since 1990, to read up on all sorts of religions and thier histories,including my bible. one conclusion i came to was that organized religion is responsible for hundreds of millions of deaths/killings/murders mainly over the past 3,000 years or so. and it seems that cycle is only increasing. i choose not to be a part of that. i am fully aware that most oraganized religions have done countless good in the world and i begrudge no one-(and if i did it wouldn't matter a damn!)-who actively particicpate in any organized religion whether i agree with thier beleifs or not.  i consider myself a christian in that i believe in christ and his teachings. that's as far as ot goes with me. i pray every day,read the bible when times are trying,though i DO NOT beleive every word and every event in the bible actually happened;i do think that they are teachings and parables to help guide whoever chooses to be guided.  i subscibe to the "when you pray to the lord your god do so in private and with your head bowed" mantra.

........one of the main reasons for disavowing my organized faith is the ludicrous instruction/indoctrination,begun when young minds are like clay,that either you beleive in jesus christ or all will be cast into hell and eternal damnation. it's a disgusting thing to teach young children! it's even more extreme with the baptists/mormons/jehova's witnesses. those teachings have to be the most atrocious thing to me about organized religion. i see the bible as a tool,a guide to better yourself should you choose to use it as such. the above thinking/teaching has been responsible for more misery/predjudice/death and destruction than anything else in my view. according to that line of thinking EVERYONE,man woman and child who does not beleive in christ is going to hell? no matter how good that person may be,no matter how good you live your life,no matter how many good deeds or self-sacrifices you make it doesn't matter? it doesn't "count?,it's all irrelavent? THOSE WELL OVER A BILLION PEOPLE ARE GOING TO HELL,YOU WILL BURN IN FLAMES FOR ENTERNITY,YOU WILL SUFFER ENDLESSLY BECAUSE.....................um........you don't beleive in jesus christ. horsehit :angry: !  according to that logic about half the world is doomed to hell. SORRY. i subscribe to the notion that if you try to live a good life and try to do the right thing and try to be a good person,that matter what you beleive in,whether it's a twig or NOTHING,that you will go to a better place.

...............okay,i've obviously veered off course here but i don't think to the extant that what i've said is completely irrevelant to the topic at hand. i tend to get a little passionate about religious topics even if only remotely related to the topic being discussed.  ...........so,i guess that's the best reply i can give at this time. it's honest,it's heartfelt and......................it's just my opinion :)

peace,

DAVE :ouro:

Guest Olivier.Laurent

First post here :)

Just wanted to give my two cents about all that.

Although I do believe that these episodes, and the entire second season, were beautifully written, I also believe that Morgan and Wong killed MillenniuM by transforming it from what it was supposed to be in the beginning. The concept of the show was completly changed in the second season, and the MillenniuM Group shifted from good (their goal was just to help the world) to evil (their goal being to save the world by any means)...

This dark show was supposed to be about hope, and this dissapeared when Morgan and Wong arrived on MillenniuM. I think that they could have used their huge talent and keep the season 1 style, if you see what I mean.

In fact since their last episode of The X-Files, I think Morgan and Wong are not using their talent to create good things. Although "Final Destination" was fun, it was only a teen movie. I won't talk about "The One," which is IMHO total crap!

Shoot, I think I should have put all that in a special topic :)

• Elders (Admins)

Hi,

I have to agree they certainly changed it for better or worse from the First Season but I ask myself what the series would have been like and for how long it would have continued using the "Serial Killer of the week" formula...

BTW, I just went to your site mentioned in your signature and was very impressed...  :grin:

Regards,

Graham.

Guest Olivier.Laurent
I have to agree they certainly changed it for better or worse from the First Season but I ask myself what the series would have been like and for how long it would have continued using the "Serial Killer of the week" formula...

I'm not saying that the second season was not good! On the contrary, it was one of the best things I've seen on television, where everything was very well constructed and written. However, this special feeling (that I can't explain, but I'm sure many understand) that I had during the first season of the show, dissapeared during the second season.

For example, my favorite episode ever in MillenniuM is simply the Pilot, which is the essence of the show in my opinion.

Now, would the show have survived if it had followed the "serial killer of the week" formula? Look at "Law and Order" they have been here for 13 years now. I think that Morgan and Wong could have used their talent to develop MillenniuM without bringing the show in the mystical and conspiratoric areas...

• Elders (Admins)

Hhhmm, to be honest I've never been sure which Season I liked best or perhaps more than another, except I rate S3 lower than S1 & S2 (my own preference of course).

I enjoyed the incredible sense of power and overwhelming sense of darkness and uncertainty of the coming Millennium from the S1 episodes but I also love the mystic approach to the history of the Group in S2.

I simply couldn't decide...

Gra.

Guest rockville

This really is THE question concerning Millenium isn't it? Season 1,2 or 3...And I find it hard to decide, as beautiful and strong the first season undoubtedly was, it was perhaps too formulaic, the second season kind of took off from the constraints of season 1 but inevitably lost something important. The third one is strange, for me much of the atmosphere that was the essenteila part of "Millenium" was lost and was replaced with a never thoroughly investigated relationship between Laura and Frank. But I loved them all and it is my favorite show of all time, even though they're different they're somehow linked together by more than the actors.

np: "Blue Winter Snow" Chris & Carla

Guest Faustus

Hmmmm, many a different view point here. Well, why not chuck in my own for good measure. One of the strengths of Millennium was the changing and evolving nature of Frank's relationship with the group and the events surrounding the year 2000. Sure the themes and moods between Seasons 1 and 2 changed, but personally I really enjoyed season two and the owls/rooster episodes. Sure it moved away from its orginal format, but that was why I got into it so much. It was so different in Season 1, but especially season 2, to anything else on TV. I could have just flicked over and watched "Profiler" or "Law and Order".

The changes we saw in the group were part of Frank's journey into the group's heart of darkness (if you would excuse the Conradian reference). We shared in his revulsion and surprise. Was it a cult or a secret society? Well I depends on your criteria and views. Some people will like it, others hate it.

As others have pointed out, the groups role changed from one of good to being far more ambigious. I thought this was cool; it gave the show a whole lot of depth. I can't agree with the statement that season 2 killed the show. Morgan and Wong certainly had some unique views, which many disagreed with. I can't help but imagine they knew the feeling, knew they were leaving and wanted to go out with a bang. I guess perhaps the last episodes of season 2 can be seen as being a bit petty.

And season 3? They made a good go of it, with a whole lot of things against them. It seems they wanted to go back to a season 1 style show, which could never really happen. Once again, it's about personal perference. I thought it wasn't bad, but it wasn't really Millennium to me anymore. I guess my expectations had changed.

And as for the X-Files cross over. It was bascially a token gesture to shut up belligerant fans like us. Shame really.

Thanks for the site....

Faustus.

Guest Olivier.Laurent

What makes MillenniuM the cult show it is, is the many changes between every season. MillenniuM would not have been what it is today if Morgan and Wong did not do what they did to the show. i'm not saying that they killed the show, in the contrary the second season is my favorite when it comes to stories. However, the first season was amazing for its tone and its atmosphere. It was something television had never seen at this time.

Season 2 was also something new for television, but I think Morgan and Wong tried to transform MillenniuM into a second X-Files with its own complexe mythology, a big Group that wants to take control over the rest of humanity, etc...

Season 3 was really a second X-Files! Two FBI agents investigating strange cases with a few episodes that deal with the mythology of the show. I was really dissapointed with this third season. We can see that they tried to come back to the spirit of the first season, but they failed! It should have been a new beginning much like the "Pilot" was...

When I read Carter's interview about MillenniuM where he says that if he ever had to do a movie, he would go back to the beginning, I kind of understand why. And I kind of agree, because I miss this first season atmosphere. Only one other show succeeded in bringing it back: Brimstone... Too bad it got cancelled. There is also a little tiny bit of this atmosphere in the new show: "John Doe"... don't ask me why... :)

......i also do NOT think M&W destroyed MM at all,i just don't like where they took it in the end of S2.   i couldn't disagree  more,however, about S3 being like the 2nd x-files. the x-files,as much as i enjoyed it had virtually NONE of the atmosphere/depth and brilliance that MM-had in S3.  .....yeah i know,i'm in the minority as usual :cry:         ... but i also cannot agree more about your thinking that MM could not/would not have been what it was without what went before it. that is a very good point and should not be understated at all. -(well,exept for S1 which really set the benchmark,especialy with lamentation/p.p.t.d.

~peace,

DAVE :santa: