Hannibal Rising

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Moriarty

Thanks for the link Joe. I am not sure what to expect from this movie. But judging from the trailer it will be pretty cruel. Did anyone read the novel yet by Thomas Harris?

Thanks for the link Joe. I am not sure what to expect from this movie. But judging from the trailer it will be pretty cruel. Did anyone read the novel yet by Thomas Harris?

I got the audio book from iTunes. It basically expands on what was written in the third novel (Hannibal)

about his childhood. There are new characters, but it didn't grab me the way the other books did.

The movie Hannibal was so different from the book it's hard to say what the film will be like.

I know of the films, Hannibal - in the opening credits, and also Barney finding the dead pigeon, the taped discussion of roller pigeons.

in SOTL - Fredrica Bimmells father raised pigeons, you saw them when Clarise was searching the girls room.

Not sure of the significance.

Weird,

I'm just gonna have to rent that again or something. I don't remember that part. Just her finding some music box thing and looking through the woman's closet, & finding dress patterns with the same cut out look as the murdered women.

Guest betweenthelines

Halfway through Hannibal Rising right now. The book is enjoyable enough, but I feel that more could have been done with the concept of Hannibal Lecter's past. It just feels so first-draftish and rushed. Maybe working on the screenplay AND novel at the same time must have taken its toll on Thomas Harris...

Edited by betweenthelines

I agree. I got the audio version but it feels like he's reading a screenplay. There isn't the depth but I may go for the actual book anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines