Like Water for Octane

Rate this topic

Guest WaveCrest

Guest Legion

No it's a rather good solution, but hydrogen would be much better on the distance. Cost would be very near zero (you'd use water and water is pretty much everywhere) and you wouldn't need the space or the time to grow the fuel components for grassahol.

Guest SouthernCelt
You can power a diesel engine with something called "grassahol".  In other words you can grow fuel for diesel engines.  I don't understand why billions are being spent for hydrogen fuel ideas when this very friendly solution exists. 

Farmers would benefit, our air would benefit,and we would be less dependant on oil politics.

You can order 80 gallon drums of the stuff and it is only a few pennies per gallon more expensive than diesel fuel.  If you live in Boulder, Colorado there is a fuel station in town that pumps it.  I don' t know if it is available in other towns.

Is it just too simple of a solution?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I heard recently that there's a plant being built here in Mississippi to produce fuel quality vegetable oil for engines. And some experimentation has been done on using animal by-product oils as diesel substitutes.

• Elders (Admins)

This episode and the theory behind it fascinates me. I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but I just can't imagine the powers that be, the world goverments and the oil barons allowing this to happen. It would be be so costly to them in profits, jobs etc even though it would be too good to be true. I hope one day this planet rises above wealth and money, I think petrol/gasoline free engines would be a huge jump start.

This episode and the theory behind it fascinates me. I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but I just can't imagine the powers that be, the world goverments and the oil barons  allowing this to happen. It would be be so costly to them in profits, jobs etc even though it would be too good to be true. I hope one day this planet rises above wealth and money, I think petrol/gasoline free engines would be a huge jump start.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You don't need to be a Oliver Stone, Jr. to see that what you said is 100% correct.

To wean ourselves off of fossil fuels, it's going to have to start with you folks over in the EU in a leadership role. My country currently has a severe case of the stupid.