The virtual Season 4

Rate this topic

Guest WaveCrest

Guest A Stranger
........i'm glad you and others enjoyed/are enjoying the VS.  a lot of work obviously went into it.  myself i could never really get into it very much. it didn't have that MILLENNIUMISTIC feel to it for me nor did i care for the direction(s) it went,in some cases,BACK into! LOL.

...but it sure is obvious that it was a labour of love.

~se7en      :ouro:

It did feel at times very season two, I think that's what you're getting at? I discovered the VS a couple of years ago. I read most of it and yeah, it's very impressive. I was glad to see that it was done by serious MM fans and didn't turn into Frank and Scully dating or something. :bigsmile:

Guest chrisnu

I do agree that there was way too much religious "stuff" (can't think of a better word for it) during the first 1/3 of the virtual season. This is coming from an avid S2 fan. However, that gets toned down starting around "Our Own Flesh and Blood". Se7en, I do think you'd like the tie-ins to Season 3 plot elements in some of the later episodes. I think that they did a good job with integrating those and building on them. Just a thought.

Its funny, you know, to see these comments, and be informed later that the same person was doing the same type of reviews under a different name just to boost certain eps, and to knock others. Not every ep will be your favorite. Make your own decision before accepting the direction of others. I really really don't want to be negative here. I don't want to sound negative, and I don't want things to flame out over this.

Script format is some of the hardest writing to do. It wasn't the pick of every one to write it that way, and it was decided to do it that way. It was also decided to follow season two because, well. the third season, was the third season. It really didn't make much sense at the time, (then again writing it as a scrip didn't make sense ether)

anyway.

We all remember things differently.

As for printing the eps out, I would strongly recomend that you ask each of the authors before you do. While archiving them on the web site that they were meant for is alright, printing them violate the copyright laws.

Kath

Guest se7en

It did feel at times very season two, I think that's what you're getting at? I discovered the VS a couple of years ago. I read most of it and yeah, it's very impressive. I was glad to see that it was done by serious MM fans and didn't turn into Frank and Scully dating or something. :bigsmile:

...YEAH,that's pretty much what i meant and should have clarified. it was waaay to derivative of the things i detest most about S2. ...but,yes,it was very nice to see it done by serious MM-fans. ...and perhaps i should eventualy check out last stories sometime(?)

~se7en :ouro:

Guest WaveCrest

Kath,

I did ask in here about printing the first episode of the virtual season for private reading with doing the same for the next episodes. But I haven't printed anything up to the present.

Guest A Stranger

...YEAH,that's pretty much what i meant and should have clarified. it was waaay to derivative of the things i detest most about S2. ...but,yes,it was very nice to see it done by serious MM-fans. ...and perhaps i should eventualy check out last stories sometime(?)

~se7en :ouro:

I would recomend the last two episodes. Even you're not the biggest fan of the seaon two storylines, they did a very impressive job of wrapping up all of the loose ends. There is even a connection to Yapponchik! But I won't give it away. :bigsmile:

Guest A Stranger
Its funny, you know, to see these comments, and be informed  later that the same person was doing the same type of reviews under a different name just to boost certain eps, and to knock others. Not every ep will be your favorite.  Make your own decision before accepting the direction of others.  I really really don't want to be negative here. I don't want to sound negative, and I don't want things to flame out over this.

Script format is some of the hardest writing to do.  It wasn't the  pick  of every one to write it that way, and it was decided to do it that way.  It was also decided to follow season two because, well. the third season, was the third season.  It really didn't make much sense at the time, (then again writing it as a scrip didn't make sense ether)

anyway.

We all remember things differently. 

As for printing the eps out, I would strongly recomend that you ask each of the authors before you do. While archiving them on the web site that they were meant for is alright, printing them violate the copyright laws. 

Kath

Actaully, the stories beng in screen play format was another touch I enjoyed.

Kath,

I did ask in here about printing the first episode of the virtual season for private reading with doing the same for the next episodes. But I haven't printed anything up to the present.

The copyrights of the story would belong to the individual writers, with whom you would need permission from, not from the person who hosts the site.

Kath

Here are some answers to the "Nit Pics" of Shopietim, they contain spoilers so if you haven't read it....

NIT PICKS

---------

* The graphic details - blood spurting out of a head... grey matter lying

on the ground - would not be shown if this was really aired. So why bother

including them?- Some of those graphics were toned down. They are no more horrific than what is seen on tv today (example the autopsy parts on Crossing Jordan) and were written to show the horrific manor of death.

* What was the point of having the accident scene at the same place where

the trees were cut down and harvested? It lead the investigation back to where things began. Trees have a unique DNA structure just as people do.

* Why did Jordan prevent Frank from drinking anything but Coffee and Water?

"But I want some more Pepsi sweetheart - it'll keep daddy awake!"

Obviously Jordan was preventing Frank from drinking alcohol, but this

needed to be explained further with a line like "would you like a refill

for your Guinness/Martini/Pina Colada?" Jordan had seen the future in her vision and knew that drinking would complicate matters.

*Callie was taken to hospital unconscious... why wasn't she admitted as

well and given a bed? Callie was only laying on the ground. She had been sobbing and was pinned beneath her husband. Even if you arrive by ambulance, if your checked out as ok by the staff you are not addmitted to the hospital.

* How can the back wheels of car spin when it's lying on its side? It actually can. If you place a car up on a jack, the wheel spins freely.

* Jordan is blinking 4 times a minute... how about "Jordan is hardly

blinking at all?" The slower you blink, the deeper your thought process is.

* Crammer: "Your name wouldn't happen to be..." (Jordan says shh!). This

is then followed by Crammer: "We don't know who this John Doe is." He may sense the danger that they are in, or, just humoring her. The fact that she knows, he knows may be enough.

* "That which logic can't explain - leaps of faith can" - faith maybe, but

"leaps of faith" seem to convey something negative, like checking your

brain at the door. "Faith in itself has been used as a reason, which dismisses logic. Bumblebees, by logic cannot fly, but they do.

* Do 7 year old girls know how to use flares? Should they be allowed to

hold them when they go off? A flair isn't that hard to use. Remove cap. Strike top. Hold away from body. It would be not much different than a forth of july flair (ok a bit different , but it was an emergency.

* How does Deborah know that Finley worked at St Francis and graduated from

a Boston nursing school? AH an easy one. Boston nursing schools wear a sugar bowl cap. (it looks like a sugar bowl) Each nursing school has its own cap- some have higher wings, some have bands of color, some are small, some are large- if you are a nurse, or have had time in the hospital you get to know where the nurse graduated from.

* How does Finley keep a gun with a silencer hidden in her nurses uniform? In her pocket. Nurses uniforms have very deep pockets that allow them to carry keys, thermomiters etc. Guns come in all sizes.

* Why does Finley wear a name tag with "Finley" on it? - She's pretending

to be a nurse to try and kill Frank, so why have your own name?? Its easyer to answer to your own name than another. Finley wasn't expecting to be questioned, confronted or caught.

* Why did Mabius drop the awl next to Gilead's body? Was it him who killed

Maxwell and tried to kill Crammer? It doesn't seem to make any sense. The awl was what once blinded a man, who later used an awl to create brail type. Mabius may have formed himself to look like Gilead, or Gilead may have been an extention of Mabius who used the awl to help people to see things, his way. The awl was discarded with the body to close the connection between the murders.

Guest WaveCrest

Just finished reading Blood and Water. Good story with an "I didn't see that coming" twist right at the end.

Have read the teaser for Geshalt but nothing more yet.