The virtual Season 4

Rate this topic

Guest WaveCrest

Hi there,

The link above still appears to be ok but in case you can't find it easily here it is again: Virtual Season Four.

As it's your first post allow me to take this opportunity to welcome you to TIWWA. I hope you enjoy the virtual season and that you will join in the fun.

Welcome to the Millennium Family :thumbsup:

Eth

Hi Luke,

I'd love an episode by episode review if you have the time? Nothing elaborate mind, just a few lines when you've reached the end of the episode to let us know what you thought.

I loved Millennium VS4 and VS5 and marvel not only at the quality of the work but the sheer effort that went into realising such a project.

When you think that Chris Carter all but endorsed Virtual Season Four as a successor to the televised show then I cannot understand why more fans haven't read it. The same for Virtual Season Five.

If you want a little more Millennium in your lives folks then you can't come much closer then this :)

Eth

Will do! Hang on Chris Carter knows about it? Wow!

Genesis

Better than I expected! I loved Emma's Millennium access phrase and yeah while it links to much of season two's themes and storylines it does the same with season three. I was confused by the Old Man and the Elder untill I read who they were on this thread.

It was good stuff and it did the most important thing, it made me want to read the next one. 

Hi Luke,

Chris Carter does indeed know about it. I can't recall his exact words but he basically said that Millennium was dead (speaking after the cancellation) except for the Virtual Season that he considered to be the fourth season of Millennium in the absence of anything televised. Kay Reindl and Erin Maher also were aware the season and remarked that it was of the quality necessary for the screen. Certain genre magazines covered the creation of the season as well I believe and it is often considered the first of its kind and what gave birth to every virtual season since.

As always, where Millennium leads others follow.

Thanks for your review, it's great to see what others think when reading this for the first time.

Carry on reading :oneeyedwinK

Eth

My pleasure, good to have you around.

The link you need for VS5 is here. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did and don't hesitate to let the chaps know what you think of it. I know they are only too happy to discuss the season with people who have read it.

Eth

Guest WaveCrest

I've forgotten the majority of the VS4 and VS5 episode titles, apart from "Flew", which if I recall was a very good episode and possibly a mytharc story.

Just finished Blood and Water. Started out as a serial Killer of the week deal, but by the end I got a strong 19:19 kind of vibe from it. It was pretty damn dark too and more blood than Weeds!

Great imagery, Frank is written perfectly and I'm so excited I'm about to jump into episode three. 

Glad you enjoying it Luke, it really is the closest you can get to a new Millennium experience after all these years. As for VS5, I agree with you Richard, Flew is a great episode. One that always sticks in mind from that season is Ondrædan Ende which I thought was superb. A real mix of Troma's Mother's Day and the X-Files' Home with just enough originality and Millennium to make it sit right at home in that season.

In fact, I think I'll read that one again.

Eth

PS I still would love to get a book club together, a group of folks going through the episodes one by one and coming together to review and discuss them. If anyone is interested let me know :)

Guest Kudzu1977

Glad you enjoying it Luke, it really is the closest you can get to a new Millennium experience after all these years. As for VS5, I agree with you Richard, Flew is a great episode. One that always sticks in mind from that season is Ondrædan Ende which I thought was superb. A real mix of Troma's Mother's Day and the X-Files' Home with just enough originality and Millennium to make it sit right at home in that season.

In fact, I think I'll read that one again.

Eth

PS I still would love to get a book club together, a group of folks going through the episodes one by one and coming together to review and discuss them. If anyone is interested let me know :)

Hey Eth,

As a noob here (though I did watch the series when it was on TV) that sounds like just the thing to get me blooded....as it were :) So count me in anyway...