The virtual Season 4

Rate this topic

Guest WaveCrest

I just can't get into reading fan fiction and all these virtual seasons too much. however I would read officially licensed Millennium novels if anyone would publish such a line of original fiction.

Be Seeing You,

David Blackwell

• Elders (Admins)
Paper cuts, I know what you mean! :bigsmile:  Anyway thanks. :wink: Thought it would be best if I asked first. Instead of staring at a computer screen reading the MM stories I can read them at my own leisure away from the web.

It would be great if they could be re-released in novellette or book format. A whole new generation of MillenniuM fans would be able to enjoy them. The internet is a great way to share them but nothing like being able to have them on your bookshelf or lie in bed reading them!

Guest WaveCrest

I agree totally. Having them in a paperbook format would be more better for some or all MM fans, but would also benefit in spreading the word to other people who haven't discovered Millennium. As long as it says on the book that it's fan-fiction though. People who have seen the show up to the series finale will gather that this could be/isn't a continuation. But the non-MM fans/viewers won't know that.

Guest WaveCrest

I'm up to about the 4th act of Genesis on my last read last night now and I'm really getting into it! Everybody pictures a story differently. I can imagine the look of the new detective Ryan Frost and who could play him if they adapted these into a TV episode. Some aspects of detective shows are predictable but it's what you do with them that's important. In Millennium's case it puts an interesting slant on things.

Guest chrisnu

I just finished reading the virtual season. I didn't think it was possible resolve the hanging plot threads, but the final episodes of the VS did so in a believable way, that didn't ignore any of the characters involved. It's truly been a pleasure to read, and I would've loved to see these episodes on-screen. Kudos VS writers, you've done an MLM fan good. :thumbsup_big:

My top 10 favorite episodes:

1. "Revelation"

2. "Diabolus Ex Machina"

3. "The Third Eye"

4. "Gestalt"

5. "Our Own Flesh and Blood"

6. "The Dawn Of Nothing"

7. "The First Prophet"

8. "Hostile Elements"

9. "Genesis"

10. "The Swords Of Armageddon"

Favorite new character: Alexander Le Saux, Ryan Frost

Best expansion of a previously minor character: Carol Finley, Mabius

Favorite writers: Dan Owen (obviously!), Kevin Patterson ("The Third Eye"), David Klein ("Diabolus Ex Machina"), Andrew Wyatt ("Gestalt")

Now that I think about it, I would've liked to see more exposition on Blueflame and the Waldinalbs. But that's OK. :ouro:

Guest WaveCrest

I'm enjoying it so far. Finished reading Genesis in the week. I thought the story was going to be longer but perhaps that's normally how long fanfic stories are. I was thinking that if Genesis was filmed it wouldn't be shorter than a normal 42 minute long episode of Millennium. Aside from that surprise I enjoyed the story. It mentioned a stem-cell research facility that Emma referenced. Has this been seen in the TV series?

I like the new character Ryan Frost. Mabius rung a bell. Was he in Seven and One? Chrisnu, you mentioned Carol Finley as if she was in the TV series. I was trying to think when I read what you said, her face.

Before coming on the boards I started reading Blood and Water. Good so far.

Guest chrisnu

The stem-cell research was mentioned (and not really explained) in "Bardo Thodol". I don't want to give anything away, but it becomes important.

There's a picture of Carol Finley on this VS Characters page on the Abyss:

https://www.timferrante.com/Abyss/VS4/Char.html

I always found her interesting, and I was pleased that she played a larger part in the virtual season.

Yes, Mabius was in "Seven and One", and some other Group-related S3 episodes ("Skull and Bones", "Collateral Damage", "Bardo Thodol"). His character is opened up as well. I just won't say how. :smokin:

PS. Since you're just starting to read the VS, I would warn you ahead of time to leave "Shophetim", "Twilight Years", "Iso Bet Din" and "Hollow Scars" alone until you've read the others, if you do read them. In terms of the story arc, they are not necessary, and did nothing but leave me confused and wondering why I read them. LOL Just a thought.

PPS. I've pictured Daniel Baldwin in my mind as Ryan Frost, and David Suchet as Alexander Le Saux. I thought they were both nice fits.

Guest WaveCrest

Chrisnu,

So I should even read the two-part story that concludes the virtual fourth season as well as the other episodes after Blood and Water not including those you've mentioned? Ok. :smokin:

Edited to say:

Just looked on that link. Hadn't seen that before despite it being in the same section where you can access each episode. I recognise her now. She was in Owls and Roosters.

Guest se7en

........i'm glad you and others enjoyed/are enjoying the VS. a lot of work obviously went into it. myself i could never really get into it very much. it didn't have that MILLENNIUMISTIC feel to it for me nor did i care for the direction(s) it went,in some cases,BACK into! LOL.

...but it sure is obvious that it was a labour of love.

~se7en :ouro: