The virtual Season 4

Rate this topic

Guest WaveCrest

Guest WaveCrest

It does make it easier to find. Sometimes you don't like something changed but it turns out better after you've thought about it.

I've started a couple of threads about two of the stories but I don't think it was worth it. I don't think you would have trouble trying to find posts that are about a certain virtual 4th season story in THIS thread.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest WaveCrest

I liked it. Thought it was a good follow-up to Shophetim. I agreed with the one point made on the review page that the older female was annoying although her character was needed in the story. She was bearable at first but slightly annoying later. The story was interesting and I was fascinated, wondering what was inside the box.

I'm about halfway through Revelation now.

What else?

thirty pieces of silver placed in a box buried in a potters field...

I had once read that everything that was needed to cure the ills were upon the earth, sad now, that so much of it is extinct. Once this was put out, I never ever ever ate any of those free sample candies that you find in the restaraunts or got in the mail...

Kath

ps, the annoying one? the one that said, Um, btw, did you know your barns on fire???- that was baised on a real person...

Edited by kath

Guest WaveCrest

I hope I haven't caused any offence to you by that comment.

I thought they were an interesting double-bill. I preferred Shophetim over Iso Bet Din but the mystery box hook had me interested.

Not at all, the character (who said, um, btw, did you know your barn is on fire) was based off of a real person who is that- blunt. all of her manerisms are the same, and shes pretty down to earth. It sort of freaked her to be in the story. She helped to take photos of the town and to get some of the history. There is a town called new phillidelphia in ohio, and the river front mall antique mall is there, and they did have at one time auctions every sunday. (hot dog vender and all) Sad to say, they don't have the auctions anymore.

The box with in the box - well, several years ago a young man found a letter written in greek hanging on the wall at the butchers shop. He was studying to be a minister and recognized it and was able to do some translation. He was able to get photos of the letter and translate it, and realized something extrodinary.

Many years ago there was a minister whos preachings were copied down, and there was only like 11 known different copies of the origial text in the world. While he was studying the text he realized that there was a mispelt word, and that in all of the copies that were copied and have their errors, on the same page, none of them had this particular miss spelt word... which meant there was a 12th copy around some where.

The page had shown signs of water damage and some soot, as if it had been in a fire.

The page - well, people pull out pages from books they like and they frame them. the dad had got the page at an auction and given it to his son, who hung on to it for years- and he only knew about the auction.

Heres where it gets - interesting.

The page was written by a preacher- one that was very carismatic. the age of it suggest that the place that would have held it was very very old/ had a fire and the place was abandoned...

Near where I live is an old settlement from a religious organization that has died out about the same time that the page was sold at the auction. They have tons of origial stuff, paintings of washington, - just - stuff that they are slowly learning what it is.

they had a fire during a dispute over leadership many years ago and the place that was burnt was one of the leaders homes...much was lost and the comunity split over it- after that they lost the will to stick together and work as a team.

They currently have a museium that have many of the original books, some hand written, everything that survived the fire and water has been preserved.

The book is un registered. Its one of a kind with a unique spelling error. the single page of the book, at list value went for 23,000.00$

If found- in any condition- the book is still worth several million dollars.

As very few people would understand greek to read it, its possible the book is laying in an attic waiting for someone to come and find it.

Knowing this bit of history, It was reshaped for isobet din.

Kath