The virtual Season 4

Guest WaveCrest

• Elders (Admins)

Thanks Doctor Paragon!

The Abyss seems to have moved to a new domain so the linkabove has been edited.

We did gain permission to host them from Dan Owen who agreed it would be a shame if the episode were lost forever (the internet archive is slow, incomplete and cumbersome), but since the Abyss is back online we'll hold off on making them part of the site.

• Thank you for not contributing to the spread of fake or inaccurate content, speculation or false information especially in relation to current worldwide health events.
  • Need help? For technical related issues, please use our Support Forum.
  • To report spam or inappropriate content, please use the Report option which flags all community Elders and autohides the content if multiple reports are received before site staff can respond directly.

• 9 months later...
  • Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Dan Owen

I'm still alive! I sometimes browse this forum (very irregularly) whenever I'm feeling nostalgic and wonder if anyone's still discovering VS4 ten years after we did it. Very humbled so many people like the eps I wrote (particularly as I personally wince at their amateurism in many ways now!), but it was a hectic and very creative time trying to do SOMETHING was would half-legitimately bring MM to a close.

And thanks for the Father Owendorf shoutout! Hehe.

-- Dan

Wow, it's great reading all of these old posts on the VS4. I was a huge fan of the show back in 1999 (my old name back then was Giebs). I've since gone on to write my own virtual comedy series Weeki Wachee, for which I named one of the recurring characters Father Owendorf, after Dan Owen and Matt Asendorf!

Anyone heard from those guys in a while? What about some of the other writers? Andrew Denst? Kevin Patterson? Anne Andrews? Etc?

As you all know by now, there is a fifth season of Millennium, and so far it's off to a glowing start. I'll be writing two episodes of the season, and I couldn't be more proud of the work that's being done on this show. Looking forward to hearing from anyone!

Angelo Shrine

BEER-----> Been a long time Dan. Glad you found your way back - don't stay a stranger. Just heard that 'The Abyss' is up and running, I'll have to check it out and see what Dix is up to. Hope you guys grab onto us again!

BELCH

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Verbal_Kint

I've read the first 'episode' and i can only say, from my amateur point of view, that it seems very well written. At this point i wouldn't give it any superlatives, 'decent' would be maybe the most accurate word to describe it. BUT, the most important thing is it got me interested and i will certainly read few more episodes... and then who knows :smile: To be completely honest with you, i had exactly the same feeling about real Millennium episodes when Morgan & Glen took over, and then again when Carter returned, so... it's a good sign :smile:

What i would like to do, if it proves to be a good readin', is to create some simple website, translate those episodes into Serbian and upload translations there. It would probably take a lot of time, it would be slow, but i think it could be done, if no one else joins my not-yet-so-certain enterprise, in a year or so. Copyright is my main concern and that's why i'm writing this post in a first place. Who do i have to refer to for permission to do this, if i decide to do it?

Edited by Verbal_Kint

• Elders (Admins)

Definitely a good idea, drop him a PM or an email (click on his name to go to his profile, links for PM and Email at the bottom left of the page).

• Thank you for not contributing to the spread of fake or inaccurate content, speculation or false information especially in relation to current worldwide health events.
  • Need help? For technical related issues, please use our Support Forum.
  • To report spam or inappropriate content, please use the Report option which flags all community Elders and autohides the content if multiple reports are received before site staff can respond directly.

• 2 months later...
Guest Dan Owen

I don't have a problem with someone translating VS4 into Serbian, so long as your translations keep all the credits attached, link to the English-language originals, and are hopefully GOOD so nothing's lost in translation :-)

• 5 months later...

Hi Luke,

I'd love an episode by episode review if you have the time? Nothing elaborate mind, just a few lines when you've reached the end of the episode to let us know what you thought.

I loved Millennium VS4 and VS5 and marvel not only at the quality of the work but the sheer effort that went into realising such a project.

When you think that Chris Carter all but endorsed Virtual Season Four as a successor to the televised show then I cannot understand why more fans haven't read it. The same for Virtual Season Five.

If you want a little more Millennium in your lives folks then you can't come much closer then this :)

Eth

josew.gif

style5,Little-spc-Roedecker.png