Catherine

Rate this topic

Guest icubud

Do you believe it was "wise" for the storyline that Catherine was killed off?  

94 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Couldn't agree with you more.

I thought I was one of the few who actually thought that the perfect foil for Frank did indeed prove to be young Brittany Tiplady as Jordan. It was the one onscreen relationship between Frank and another character that I could fully invest in and believe in and it's one of the few adult/child actor screen relationships that actually has you fully accepting it as plausible.

It's true what you say, Megan is an outstanding actress but those involved knew that the character wasn't working as well as they'd hoped and that the chemistry was a little awkward at times. It proved the same case with Kristen and Lara Means. Again, a great actress but on screen it just didn't gel with what Lance was doing with the character. In the case of Hollis there was hardly any chemistry at all but I don't think it was ever intended to be there, the relationship was different and Lance played it purely from the perspective of a mentor which is spot on. The scene in which Emma betrays Frank and we see Frank's subsequent 'couldn't care less' reaction is absolutely what I wanted from that relationship and I was happy they didn't try to do anything else with it. I would have been very happy for that character to have been put to bed at that point and a new character, male would have been nice, to come in and keep the spirit of reinvention in the fourth season had we had one.

So yes, completely agree. Frank and Jordan Black, one of the most enduring on screen relationships of many a year and extra kudos for one of the truly great child performances of all time (and I do mean that.)

Eth

I love what Laurent said. It's perfect in describing the MLM series:

a trilogy of three different atmosphere

I also agree with Masiakowski regarding Catherine's death, even though he was tired from being wet in a swimming pool. Poor guy.

• Thanks 1

• 5 years later...
Hello there :) I don´t understand why consider that Catherine could be alive. In the show it was pretty clear that she died. Even Catherine´s father hated Frank because she was dead and he wasn't. Anyway, let´s say that the MG has her...what for? What could they gain with that? And after all the period that passed between the two seasons...sorry people: we all loved her but she is gone.
Btw, in the Millennium dvd set Megan talks about when they told her that she would die in the second season. She actually said that she was ok with that.

Yes, but anyway I don´t think Lara is gone because of the Mg. If she wouldn't have joined them like Frank, she would probably be dead. I think they probably saved her giving her the vaccine. She must be in therapy with other candidates that probably lost their minds maybe because they couldn't handle the info that the group gave them.

They had promised Lara that if she joined the group they would take away her gift, thereby saving her from insanity. Now of course they weren't going to do that, her gift was the reason they wanted her in the first place I'm sure. She didn't take her vaccine, but chances are she survived. I didn't like that we never really got closure on her.

No the MG didn't take her out, the writers did. That's what I meant.

• 6 years later...

Reviving a dead poll, but my answer is "No." I also have to disagree with some of the comments about her being a nagging burden throughout Season 2. It definitely starts that way, but halfway through, particularly with "Luminary," her and Frank begin to reconcile their differences. The end of that episode as they walk to Frank's jeep arm and arm, smiling, is one of my favorite moments. In "Owls," as Frank is putting Jordan in the car and Catherine is explaining her night shift with Aerotech, she says "It felt like family there for a minute again." She was a great character whose potential was unfortunately under-served and whose purpose was overlooked.