Who was dead at Watt's desk?

Rate this topic

Guest icubud

Who was dead at Watt's desk at the conclusion of the last episode?  

63 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Elders (Moderators)

I can't believe that I never voted in this poll before! Anyway, I voted for "MG Unknown". I have never really wanted to go along with the idea that it was Peter Watts, so I'm going to irrationally reject the evidence of the shoes. I want to believe that by that time the Millennium Group was more like one of those organisations where there's a dress code (which is why Frank didn't fit in) and the Group sent their most experienced, and longest serving member (hence the dress code for his shoes), but that Watts has had suspicions ever since Frank came on board and was well prepared. And that's the reason why his daughter had been given the self-defence training to deal with, um, what-his-name.

I think Watts was too much a family man, and had become so distrustful of the Group (hence his passing on to Frank those MG dossiers), that by then he was more than prepared to go beyond his normal moral compass. The best he could do was to counter the threat to his family, whilst staying alive to protect them in the future.

Earthnut, I think that Watts could be cold-blooded enough to do what you suggest. Frank's killing of the Polaroid Man was an emotional reaction at a time when the Group wasn't giving him any support. Watts would have been much more aware of the Group's tactics and better prepared to deal with those.

Anyway, that's my hypothesis and I'm sticking to it. In my universe, Watts survived! laugh.gifwiggle.gif

• Like 1

Earthnut, I think that Watts could be cold-blooded enough to do what you suggest. Frank's killing of the Polaroid Man was an emotional reaction at a time when the Group wasn't giving him any support. Watts would have been much more aware of the Group's tactics and better prepared to deal with those.

Libby, I totally agree that Watts could be "cold-blooded enough" to do anything it would take to protect his family. Even though Watts is emotionally involved with his family, as you said, he's been with the group long enough to know how they operate and what they are capable of. Watts would know that he would have to always stay at least one step ahead of them.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Elders (Moderators)

I second the "Scott Osselhoff" Theory!

rock2.gif

I'll go with any theory, no matter how far out wink_b.gif, because I want Watts to have escaped along with his family and gone into witness protection and been honest with his family, especially Taylor, about what [some sections of] the MM Group did.

Yet another reason for regretting the lack of a fourth season.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

Maybe Peter blew Mabius' face off and put his shoes on him to make it look like him. Just a stupid thought. It probably was Watts. cry.gif

SOMEbody saw that scenario on an X Files episode and thought it might work here.... didn't they? *wink* heehee

SOMEbody saw that scenario on an X Files episode and thought it might work here.... didn't they? *wink* heehee

I've seen it in at least one movie, but off hand I don't remember an X-Files episode with that scenario in it. Do you happen to remember which one Ms. Wolf? Thanks for the "Like." I keep forgetting to click it, but I like every post and would be here all day clicking that button, especially if I tried to play "catch me up."