Who was dead at Watt's desk?

Rate this topic

Guest icubud

Who was dead at Watt's desk at the conclusion of the last episode?  

63 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

"goodbye to all that"

back in the 90´s...

i remember that i wanted to see the resolution of the "desk thing" and I was a little afraid that I miss this exciting episode....

Somehow i had overlooked that it was the final season and had no idea that there will be no fourth seasonohmy.gif

I had a little hope that this would be resolved in the x-files "Millennium" episode...i was and I am still very disappointed by this episode.

Best thing was the reunion of Frank and Jordan.

But i still believe that Peter is alive as i thought this back in the 90´s.

Peter was too smart, too fast to be killed by the group.

_thb_Screenshot124.jpgPeter put the documents in Franks car and brought himself and his family in safety.

_thb_Screenshot217.jpg_thb_Screenshot218.jpg_thb_Screenshot220.jpg

This could be what they wanted and searched for at Peter´s desk. (the dead person at his desk)

Screenshot225.jpg

hi everybody! wow...so many details and ideas here...I think the writers left the door open concerning Peter Watts character (one the best characters in my opinion) to have a chance to decide, in case there was a chance to make a new season or movie, if Peter was going to be a part to the following story. But if I had to vote (and I did) I would say that he is alive because if they writers decided to kill such an important character, I'm positive that they would show it, like they did with Catherine, Bletcher, Baldwin and even Andrews...now she is a good example. They did a great episode with that and the audience didn't know what had happened to her after she was arrested while she tried to kill Frank. And then, they told the whole story to show Emma what kind of people was the Millennium Group.

I think the show wanted people to kind of believe it was Watts, but also wonder. If the MG had bumped Watts off, they would have taken out the whole family. I think Watts' wife was a member of the MG. She was very supportive of his doings. When their daughter returned home after being kidnapped, and asked her father the question about if the solider was telling the truth or whatever it was she asked, both Watts and his wife had guilty looks on their faces. So either the wife turned traitor on her own husband, or the group killed him and took the family, or it wasn't Watts and he got the family out after killing an intruder he caught at his desk.

I think the show wanted people to kind of believe it was Watts, but also wonder. If the MG had bumped Watts off, they would have taken out the whole family. I think Watts' wife was a member of the MG. She was very supportive of his doings. When their daughter returned home after being kidnapped, and asked her father the question about if the solider was telling the truth or whatever it was she asked, both Watts and his wife had guilty looks on their faces. So either the wife turned traitor on her own husband, or the group killed him and took the family, or it wasn't Watts and he got the family out after killing an intruder he caught at his desk.

Great thoughts on the subject, and yes, they did have a guilty look on their faces, I remember that and wondered what it meant. I definitely am one of those hoping Watts got his family, and himself, out safe, and living somewhere happily every after.

her wife...haven't thought of her...good thinking seethru! Watts was such a great character so let´s hope that he is still alive. And the relationship with Frank was always interesting to watch. I really hope some day we have the chance to watch them again and see where the story goes.

you know, after watching the photos that Simon Black uploaded, I remember the scene that Frank gathered with Watts in the forrest, remember? Watts was wearing different clothes but during the rest of the episode, I think it was clear that more days went by and Watts doesn´t appear anymore. Even Frank changes clothes.

Seesthru mentioned that she thinks Mrs. Watts, Barbara, is a member of the MLM Group, and it wouldn't surprise me a bit. Sadly they never expounded on it. I can't remember which episode it was, but near the end of the episode, Barbara shot a woman in their home, and didn't hesitate. Plus she seemed to always have an idea about what was going on in Peter's life. She rarely questioned him.

I've looked through the episode profiles and transcripts, and I am having a hard time finding where Barbara shoots a woman from Peter's past who shows up in their home planning to kill Peter. IMDb credits Jessica Schreier for only 4 episodes, which is the same at our home page. Here's what they/we have ~

Millennium (TV Series)
Barbara Watts / Mrs. Watts
- Goodbye to All That (1999) ... Barbara Watts
- Collateral Damage (1999) ... Mrs. Watts
- Luminary (1998) ... Barbara Watts
- Midnight of the Century (1997) ... Barbara Watts
I cannot find anywhere in the transcripts that scene, yet I remember it very well. Maybe she was seen in the episode, but didn't have a speaking part, therefore not getting any credit for that episode.
Anyway, since Libby's awesome hard work is why we have the transcripts, :notworthy: I'm betting Libby will remember which episode it was. I'm going bonkers looking for it.

I don't ever remember her shooting anyone. Now I've only seen the episode where Frank busts into the Watts home, once ( I plan on getting to it again!) could she maybe have aimed at him then? I know the daughter didn't hesitate to kill her kidnapper by breaking his neck.( which made me think Peter trained her well and perhaps she was being groomed for the group)

Mrs Watts was very supportive of her husband, and it seemed she knew more than Catherine did for sure. I remember in Luminary when Watts was leaving to go find Frank and Catherine went in to talk to her, I wish they would have shown that conversation.

• Elders (Moderators)

I can’t recall such a scene either, but I think Barbara Watts could be capable of doing so as a defensive act. I remember when I first watched The Beginning and the End, when Watts said, “…I wouldn't let Barbara get pregnant, and I couldn't tell her why…” I thought what a controlling person Watts must be. But Barbara is hardly what I’d call a Stepford Wife. She does seem to be a capable and intelligent woman, so I suspect she had a good understanding of Peter’s change in attitude about trying for son, even if he didn’t tell her the actual reason.

She does seem to have been the one who kept the family together, especially given the stress on family life when one of the partners works in law enforcement. I also suspect she knew a lot about the MM Group.

I’ve got a question. I don’t know much about US universities, but is there any significance in Taylor attending William & Mary? I gather it’s a prestigious university. But could that have been Peter’s and/or Barbara’s alma mater and Taylor was following in her parents’ footsteps – would that be typical, as is still (though to a lesser extent these days) the case of UK youngsters attending the Oxford or Cambridge University college that a parent went to.