Who was dead at Watt's desk?

Rate this topic

Guest icubud

Who was dead at Watt's desk at the conclusion of the last episode?  

63 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The woman Barbara shot was someone from Peter's past, and could have also been a woman he had relations with. I just don't remember, but to this day I can picture the scene with the gun in her hands afterwards.

Hope I'm not thinking of another TV show. If I am, it would have to be NCIS, and their director's wife being the shooter. Someday I will get this all figured out.

Had to come back after some researching Jackie Vande, the wife of NCIS' director, and poof, I found my answer.

Jackie Vance was the wife of NCIS Director Leon Vanceand who in addition to being a housewife raising their two children, was also responsible for killing former North Korean assassin Lee Wuan Kai who her husband had been obsessively chasing around the world for twenty years which occurred in the last few moments in the Season 7 episode,Endgame (episode).

Man am I glad I got that cleared up in my head. Sorry for the confusion.

it´s natural to get confused because it is amazing how many stories and info the show managed to deliver in only 3 seasons. Yes, Watts wife totally new about the Group. I recall Peter telling something to Catherine in a sarcastic tone, about being more supportive to Frank. I think it was in "luminary", like Seesthru said. Great episode. Is it too much coincidence to think that episode was based on the book "Into the wild"? The book is from 1996. I didn't know about that book until I saw the movie (wich is from 2007). I thought: "Hey....this is a Millennium episode...wth? Even the character name is the same.

I do think the group took Catherine out of the picture. She was the thorn in their side, the one that was actually unraveling their plan for Frank, and eventually for Jordan. Did you all notice Jordan's reaction to Peter Watts every time she saw him? She would clam up. Even in the beginning she would just go silent and stare at him like she was seeing "the bad man". Maybe she sensed her mother's dislike of Peter, and Catherine really disliked him. He got off on a real bad footing not knocking on the door but staking the house out for over an hour before Frank got home in the pilot. I rally thought at first she was bitchy... but when I watched the series a second time, I understood her position and thought hey, she's right!

• Like 1

I do think the group took Catherine out of the picture. She was the thorn in their side, the one that was actually unraveling their plan for Frank, and eventually for Jordan. Did you all notice Jordan's reaction to Peter Watts every time she saw him? She would clam up. Even in the beginning she would just go silent and stare at him like she was seeing "the bad man". Maybe she sensed her mother's dislike of Peter, and Catherine really disliked him. He got off on a real bad footing not knocking on the door but staking the house out for over an hour before Frank got home in the pilot. I rally thought at first she was bitchy... but when I watched the series a second time, I understood her position and thought hey, she's right!

Yes, yes, yes, thank you for this post. Catherine and Jordan both sensed something wrong, and it's wonderful to read that someone else understands Catherine. She has always been my favorite character. She had greater insights on the show then anyone else besides Jordan, and most of the time it wasn't noticed.

• Like 2

Oh Luminary was totally based on The kid that Into the wild was about. Christopher McCandless started calling himself Alexander Supertramp ( Alex), and eventually wandered to Alaska to live in the wild. He never intended to be there permanently. He ultimately starved to the point he was too weak and sick to hike out and the weather got too bad for anyone to be up there and come across him in time.

In Luminary, The kid changes his name to Alex as well. Alex Ventoux. He ends up in Alaska, gives his money and possessions away , and has a journal he writes in too. He would have died, but unlike in real life, Alex Ventou had Frank Black searching for him.

I have both the book and movie of "Into the Wild," and have enjoyed both. Probably why "Lumnary" is one of my favorite episodes, and the beginning of my email address.

Catherine was a thorn in the flesh of the MLM Group, and basically, I believe eventually she would have blown their cover of who they really were and all that they do, good and bad. I have no doubts they wanted Jordan dead too, but Lara Means sacrificed her cure for Frank, but as we know, only had one.

Everyone wonders what happened to Lara after the scene in the motel room. I think she was given the cure and is locked up somewhere, or maybe on a remote island with no way off, and under guard of course. I really wish we knew

I think Chris Carter didn't want her dead. In fact, he was pretty mad with a lot of stuff of the second season. In the extras of the dvds of Millennium he talks about that. That he was absent during the 2 season because of the X-files movie and when he came back -it was for the third season- he couldn't ignore the changes of the show and he did what he could. Despite the fact that I really liked Catherine, I have to say that I enjoy a lot when the writers do such tremendous changes. Think about it: to sacrifice a main character...man....that is something. As an audience, my head says "wow...everything can happen in this show" and that keeps you sharp. Maybe like the walking dead. I don´t read the comic book, so I have no idea what is going to happen. And when a character suddenly dies, that is always shocking because of that: anything goes in that show.
Lara...such an interesting character. It was always great when she was around. She was the only one that knew what Frank was going through. Maybe that´s why they were so connected.

Btw, regarding Lara (Kristen) I read that there was a post of something like the most Scrumptious Female Guest Star...well...of course she wasn't a guess, but I got to say she was the most beautiful woman that ever appeared in that show. Ok, so she sees angels flying around...emmmm..but again...who is perfect anyway :p

• Like 1

I read something that said Chris Carter had the idea to kill off Catherine. Who knows? I hated it though. It was a heartbreaking thing.

Kristen Cloke is beautiful but so are Meghan Gallagher and Klea Scott. All three are strikingly beautiful.

You know I'm glad they didn't show the face of the dead man at the desk. THat way if the series is ever revived, Watts could be written in the show as well.