If you had to live without one Millennium episode

Rate this topic

Guest Second Coming

If I had to live without one episode it would be "Single Blade of Grass".

If I had to live without one episode, it would be "Human Essence".

In fact, can we pretend that it doesn't exist, anyway?

Guest WaveCrest

I haven't seen all of Human Essence yet (just a couple of scenes. One of which has a harbour in the background. It was after the New Year, when the running order was altered) so I can't make a judgement on it. So I'd go for A Single Blade of Glass. Despite the odd good scene I never really liked it, compared to the rest of the first third of Season 2.

Why does everybody hate "A Single Blade of Grass"? I mean, even if you're not into the Native American thing, there's still some cool stuff going on. People being forced to drink snake venum, a spooky-shadowy cult, Frank finaly regaining his visions....."What's not to love?" (sorry, little X Files PMP humor there!)

(& Dave, I'll have your review to you this week, I promise)

My choice would have to be "Human Essence". I was just starting to get to like Emma, when suddenly we find that she had pretty much freakin' abadoned when this half-sister, because she was embarrased by her, and didn't want her "image tarnished"...but as they say..."Don't get me started" on that episode. Just suffice it to say that I could have lived without that one just fine. It's only redeming quality was the "Kill Switch" line heard in the background of one scene. :alien:

Unbelievable!

I was actually thinking about posting this as a question/poll this afternoon.

:yes:

The one episode I can definitely do without is "In Arcadia Ego" - :puke:

Guest A Stranger
Unbelievable!

I was actually thinking about posting this as a question/poll this afternoon.

:yes:

The one episode I can definitely do without is "In Arcadia Ego" -  :puke:

What the hell?! "In Arcadia Ego" is probably one the show's peaks!!

Excluding "Human Essence" I'd say it's a tie between "A Single Blade of Grass" and "Weeds."

Why does everybody hate "A Single Blade of Grass"?  I mean, even if you're not into the Native American thing, there's still some cool stuff going on.  People being forced to drink snake venum, a spooky-shadowy cult, Frank finaly regaining his visions....."What's not to love?"  (sorry, little X Files PMP humor there!)

A Single Blade of Grass is a funny one for me. Whenever I see it in my collection, I think (something along the lines of) "Ehhhh.. I don't feel like watching that, right now". When I do watch it, however, I tend to enjoy it.

I wouldn't rank it as one of my favourites, and some of what you've listed above, to me, falls into the "It's a bit too much" hackneyed category... but it isn't alltogether awful.

I have the same feel of remembering poorly, but enjoying while watching, with "Sense and Antisense" for similar, and yet in some ways, different reasons. This never really felt like a Millennium episode to me, but almost a hybrid of X-Files and.. I don't know what.

I think we've veered off-topic here, somewhat. ;)