Millenniumistic Dream

Rate this topic

Guest SouthernCelt

However I wont be employing Poppins.
:rofl:

Well, it's not nessisarily that you NEED rescuing, but perhaps you want it. There were interesting contrasts between light and dark in this dream... Frank on a Black Horse, Poppins on a White one.... Frank is an adult's hero, and Poppins is a childs. While Frank...though on the Dark Horse, is being the hero, the Poppins caracter, on the white horse, is only concerned with herself. Also, the 13 cats is an intreging accent. Cats are mysterious creatures....Indopendant creatures of magic. Perhaps you are embracing this dark, controdictory side to yourself. The dark hero, and seeing that the perpetuated symbol of the hero is false, and is only out for herself....?

Or, maybe I'm just crazy, and need another drink! :p:tasty::tongue::rofl:

Guest SouthernCelt

I don't know if you're a reader of Stephen King but your dream has some imagery that seems drawn from his stories, particularly the "Black Tower" series.

About 6 months ago I dreamt me and my best bud were in this almost medievil village. It was night and we were backed into a corner with all these angry people about to stone us. I was rather concerned about how much sweat I was producing.

Then like a fairy tale up gallopes these two black horses with two black hooded riders. The one whipped out a gun and even though I couldnt see his face I knew it was our Frank

Frank appearing in a medieval setting on horseback with a gun sounds very much like the main "Dark Tower" character of Roland the gunslinger. Roland's world is very much medieval but with "modern" things such as guns. Roland is one of his world's latter day knights who uses firearms instead of lances and swords. Did you ever identify the second rider?

I didnt give a thought to where my parents were but was concerned for the cat. I went to the window to look and said 'there she is' but then all these cats started apearing on the lawn and I screamed 'why is there 13 cats, theres 13 cats outside'.

The name of the novel and movie escapes me, but King wrote one story in which cats were the only real nemesis of the story's antagonists and helped in their downfall. Also, cats have appeared in several other of his stories. The revived (from the dead) cat in "Pet Sematary" was an especially foreboding image.

I'll not try to interpret the dream overall.