SEASON ONE- 12th JULY

Rate this topic

Guest DJW

Guest Pencil Machine Operator

Hey, Graham, are you expecting a big influx of new members to Tiwwa when the set comes out? Do you think we'll reach our own millenium: one thousand members?

:praying:

Guest amnesic
"LOL! I knew someone like that at uni. She was a mad MAD XF fan who wanted to join the FBI (bit hard seen as she was from N. Ireland), had new US episodes sent to the UK and read every article about XFs inthe local Smiths store. I suppose I shouldn't laugh as she is know living in LA and I'm still working at the same university! "

heh, that's pretty crazy... but then again, I have forked out way too much cash for a couple of the dvd sets (on a student budget!), so, I can't really talk, can I?  :blush:

as long as you aren't submitting applications to the FBI based on your obsession for a TV show then you arnen't THAT crazy :grin2:

Hey, Graham, are you expecting a big influx of new members to Tiwwa when the set comes out? Do you think we'll reach our own millenium: one thousand members?

:praying:

.......anything is possible "Mr. Pencil"-(LOL),since the announcement i was able to make,and the subsequent update on both TIWWA/MDUK,i'm happy to say that new members are joining at a pretty good clip. it's slowed a bit now but i see know reason why we can't hit 1,000 members in another years or so.-(maybe even earlier for all i know!) ...it's a guess of mine that when fans see MM on store shelves and start getting into it again that they may very well go searching for people/places to discuss it which would be great for us!

...i think i can speak on Gra's behalf when i say that we are happily stunned at how far this "little board that could" has come in nearly 15-months. i know this was way beyond my own expectations. i mean think of it,a show that's been cancelled for going on 5-years this May,and to still have this kind of support and interest in it is really something amazing to me.

...but,yeah,i think we'll see our own "MILLENNIUM OF MEMBERS" eventually. :smokin:

~se7en :ouro:

I thought I'd share this:

Me:

The UK Fox site lists Millennium's release date as July 12.

(https://www.fox.co.uk/faq/) When's the North American release?

Them:

Hello,

Fox has no plans to release the title in question at this time. I will forward your request on the corporate office so they can see what the public would like to see on DVD.

Thank you,

Megan R

Fox Consumer

1-888-223-2369

1-888-443-4369 Fax

MeganR@4icc.com

FoxDrop@4icc.com

So according to the Fox Home Video rep, no plans for a release, even though Staddon said there *are* plans. Something doesn't sit right.

• Elders (Admins)

That's an identical response, 3 times from the same person! I think she must have a message rule set up in her e-mail program to churn it out whenever anyone asks!

Get with the program Megan R! (LOL)

1. Brian and myself were contacted by an 'Industy Insider' who confirmed he had briefed Peter Staddon on MillenniuM's fan base, providing evidence of their support. He confirmed MillenniuM would get a release but not until late 2004.

2. Fox's Exec Peter Staddon confirms it for 2004.

3. Fox hires a publicist to film an interview Lance Henriksen on MillenniuM as a DVD Special Feature whilst in Prague making the movie AvP.

4. Fox UK state it as "Coming Soon" in their E-mail newsletter.

5. Fox UK publish it as a Frequently Asked Question stating it will get it's UK release on 12th July 2004. A surprisingly early date but still present on their site.

I think Megan needs to discuss communication at the next Team Meeting!

Yep, she's definitely not maintaining her upbeatness!

.......perhaps a nice packet of smooth-time tea is in order to soothe her wicked anti-MM ways? :gaba::angry:

~se7en :ouro:

My response to her response:

There ARE plans to release Millennium, because:

a) Peter Staddon, SVP of marketing at Fox, said so. (In so many words,

"Millennium will be out on DVD this year.")

b) Crew members have been interviewed for the DVD's supplemental features.

and

c) The UK Fox site (https://www.fox.co.uk/faq/) gives a date of July 12.

So please check your facts and respond, because I'd like some concrete

information to pass along to all the Millennium fans who are eagerly

awaiting these DVDs.

--

Also, the Diamond Distributors catalog (https://www.diamondcomics.com/)

lists Harsh Realm for sale in May at a SRP of $59.98. Is there a firm

date for Harsh Realm yet?

Her response to my response of her response to my email:

Hello,

Fox US may have plans to release this title but not any time soon. Fox has had this title in the release line up for a year know. I only have release information for the next four months, and at this time, there are no plans. As for the release of this title in the UK, that has nothing to do with the release here in the US. Fox Us and Fox UK are two different companies. As for later this year, you can try back in four months. I'll be more then happy to let you know what is planed, if anything, at that time.

Thank you,

Megan R

Fox Consumer

1-888-223-2369

1-888-443-4369 Fax

MeganR@4icc.com

FoxDrop@4icc.com

She continues to say "may have plans" and "this title," instead of calling the show by its name. (This woman is only capable of stock responses.) And she doesn't comment on anything from Fox UK--still a branch of the same company!--which leads me to believe she's either ill informed or knows more than she lets on.

If she's truthful about only having info for "the next four months" than July is still a possibility for North America, but I continue to remain pessimistic about a North American release at all in 2004 until I see that it's available for pre-order at Amazon.