The Entrance starring Sarah-Jane Redmond

Rate this topic

The Old Man

• Elders (Admins)

Hi Mark,

I totally agree, its a great film that had me jumping out of my skin at one point. When I saw the trilogy mentioned at the end of the credits I was really overjoyed. If I hear anything else about the remaining sequels I'll certainly share.

Graham

BTW, did you check out the official website for the film? Very atmospheric!

Yeah it's a great little site isn't it?

My favourite part of the whole film is

the moment Porhowski realises the man in the games room is the guy who raped her. Sarah-Jane's reaction and subsequent battle with her desire to kill him is brilliant.

I thought Eklund was superb also. Another reason to recommend this to TIWWA members is, as the film was made in Vancouver nearly all the actors involved have at one time or another been in Millennium, The X-Files or both. It's like watching old friends.

Give it a go.

Eth

• 10 months later...

I watched The Entrance last night and wish I had seen it earlier in the evening instead of right before bed. Not a good time. Sarah-Jane Redmond was great but I kept expecting Lance to show up. Boy am I spoiled.

Glad you enjoyed it Darlene. I loved it, due in no small part, to the fact that you get so much screen time from Sarah-Jane which is always a plus point in my book. Nice to see her play the lead for a change and here's hoping we get another chance some time soon.

Eth

• 6 months later...
Guest WaveCrest

I was sad to read Eth's earlier post about there being no sequels (or rather 2 further planned episodes) of The Entrance.

Wouldn't that have been great?! Maybe a year or two down the line, if they can get the financing done, a sequel could be made?

It sure would. When Sarah-Jane very kindly agreed to record a Halloween greeting for BTFB I expressed to her how much I enjoyed the film and how sad I was that the proposed trilogy was not going ahead. She explained that she was unaware what had happened but that she had had a superb time making the film and would be interested in reprising the role if an opportunity presented itself.

It's such a rare opportunity to see SJR as a lead character in a movie and if you haven't seen this film then I would urge you to do so, she is superb in it as is Michael Eklund.

Eth

Guest WaveCrest

If no one has bought The Entrance and are interested in getting it, then buy the Region 1 version. It has some DVD extras on it. I think the Region 2 disc is bare bones, although it may have a trailer.