Randy Stone R.I.P.

Rate this topic

Libby

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
Randy Stone, who was the casting director for X Files and Millennium and appeared as "Michael Beebe" in "Beware of the Dog", died last Monday at the age of 48.

https://www.legacy.com/LATimes/Obituaries.a...rsonID=86459212

That's a real shame. I didn't know about all that other stuff. I had always just thought he was a struggling actor plucked out of the Vancouver pool.

Yes, our modern life is quite good at keeping us from facing our mortality. We keep busy. We concetrate on making ourselves "happy" or entertianed, and ignore what awaits each of us. Of course it has always been so.

"Diversion. Being unable to cure death, wretchedness and ignorance, men have decided, in order to be happy, not to think about such things" Blaize Pascal

"Don't be so dark"

Guest Moriarty
I've become aware in the last couple of years since hitting 35 of my own mortality so I know what you mean.

Well, I became 34 a couple of months ago and I know what you mean. Life itself is hitting on us. Just wished that I was 20 again... You know, no troubles of any kind... I cannot help it but my thoughts are getting darker each year I am getting older. Maybe that's what drew me to MM, who knows.

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
Well, I became 34 a couple of months ago and I know what you mean. Life itself is hitting on us. Just wished that I was 20 again... You know, no troubles of any kind... I cannot help it but my thoughts are getting darker each year I am getting older. Maybe that's what drew me to MM, who knows.

Yes, I know how you feel. Maybe it's just the reality of life settling in little by little. Plus, after a while, it seems like it kind of sinks in that the "crime drama" stuff that you are watching is based on stuff that actually does happen, and that this dark side of human nature really does exist. I know that geting close to 40, and hearing about people like Randy Stone makes me wonder a little bit every time I get sick or have digestive problems. Things start to cross your mind like "Is this some kind of acid relux or something or do I have colon cancer or an ulcer".