Two-Parters

Rate this topic

Guest chrisnu

Guest chrisnu

I just re-watched the two-parters, "Owls"/"Roosters" and "The Fourth Horseman"/"The Time Is Now", and I can see where you're coming from, se7en. You know that feeling or tendency that when you think something's really good, you tend to selectively ignore parts? I guess it was kind of like that for me. I was just wowed at the presentation that I missed the signs, so to speak. Even looking at earlier episodes such as "Luminary" (another one I recently rewatched), the signs are there. Taking the turn of the Group into something if not overtly evil, than certainly Machiavellian, I can see where the S3 Group came from. The same control and underlying ideology, but a different mechanism, from a secret society to a conspirational group. I guess I had/have some apprehension that the mechanism of control was so radically changed.

PS. Yes, I've had some time on my hands lately. :smokin:

PPS. I rewatched "Anamnesis"... and I still don't like it. It just feels like a bunch of ideas crammed together and called an episode.

Guest se7en

.....yep. definately. not very many S2 fanatics....and subsequent S3 haters will EVER grant this to be true,but the seeds were definately sown for the groups' direction in S3 as the MILLENNIUM quickly approached them. ...i loved some of the things that M&W did or tried to do in S2,especially the character developement,but my opinion still remains that they just are not good TV-producers. actually,scratch that,they are not good SHOW-RUNNERS. they did some amazing work on XF and MM but by the time S3 came around-(especially after the FOX-mandated 2-explosions per week-to raise ratings-(DUUUH!)-period ended,i was more than ready for a Morgan & Dong free MM.

~se7en :ouro: