Beware Of The Dog

Rate this topic

Guest chrisnu

I too believe that Frank had a deeper understanding of the group, and himself, in this episode. Love the way you put it, "jolt of awareness." It was. I believe at the end Frank totally understood why the man had to leave the house, or die.

Isn't it amazing how some MLM episodes remind us of The X-Files, and vice versa?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest revelations1_1

Kat, that is perfect. Frank had just been "studying" Evil his whole life. Now Evil has turned its countenance upon Frank, letting him know that its personal. Big turning point for the series storyline. I think the dogs attacking, but not killing Frank was Evil's way of sending a warning. A "throw-down" if you will. . .

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

It seems unlikely this hasn't been mentioned in the seventeen years since this episode aired, but I see no mention of this on https://millennium-thisiswhoweare.net's episode guide under "bloopers." Here we have the scene where Frank first encounters the dogs and uses a wooden pallet to escape. These two individuals are hiding in the background. I'm usually terrible at spotting mistakes like these, but as I watched this episode today it jumped out enough that I had to rewind.

millennium202goof.jpg

• HaHa! 1

It seems unlikely this hasn't been mentioned in the seventeen years since this episode aired, but I see no mention of this on https://millennium-thisiswhoweare.net's episode guide under "bloopers." Here we have the scene where Frank first encounters the dogs and uses a wooden pallet to escape. These two individuals are hiding in the background. I'm usually terrible at spotting mistakes like these, but as I watched this episode today it jumped out enough that I had to rewind.

millennium202goof.jpg

Great find, especially after all these years.

It's about fear . The Bucksnort folks were imprisoned by fear. Be in before dark, live here not there, rules to keep them safe and the penalty for not following is death. They agreed to live like that in order to live in a safe little town, free from crime and modern terrors. Every one of them thought they moved to a safe place.

What they didn't realize is that they lived in fear, were ruled by fear, and gave up their freedom to fear. The townies couldn't be out at certain times, couldn't enjoy a night sky in their "safe" little town. Latte guy couldn't enjoy a starbucks or any modern convenience he left behind. They all gave up something to live there, They all lived there because of fear. Latte Guys place was outside the agreed boundaries the fearful were given to reside in and upset the balance.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

It took more than one viewing for me to grasp the implications in this episode as well....yes, by the end of it Frank has truly begun to acquire his first real "understanding" of the Group, of the tenacious grip it and humanity in general have against evil...especially ( only my opinion ) when he says "That's what I'm trying to tell you Michael...there's always going to be one more dog..."