Karin Konoval

Rate this topic

Guest Laurent.

For what it's worth: I remember reading that it was banned only in a few countries (the United States being one of them) and that they showed it for the original airing but then refused to re-air it like the other episodes. They then changed their mind a few years later.

My impression is that Fox only wanted to avoid any problem with the "incest thematic", especially as they were known as a family network (read The Simpson's network). Yet I'm not sure if there has been actual complaints about the episode when it first aired.

By the way, nice catch for Karin Konoval! Really impressive, especially with all that makeup.

Edited by Laurent.

• Elders (Admins)

Was this the episode with the 50's Cadi or similar and Cher song?

I seem to remember a family that were like the ones in Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

Recently started watching S1 of the X-Files of late.

Guest SouthernCelt

I seem to remember a family that were like the ones in Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

Recently started watching S1 of the X-Files of late.

I think you're mixing two different episodes. This episode had the Caddy but the music playing on the radio was old 50s era pop music (I forget the specific song right now but it's very recognizable). The Cher song was in the ep about the young man being hidden away from the public because of his "Elephant Man" type appearance which resulted apparently from some bad science practiced by the local doctor.

Was that the one with the in-bred redneck family? That had to be one of the creepiest eps ever. Didn't the fellow in "Goodbye Charlie" play the sheriff in that XF?
Yes, Tucker Smallwood played the sheriff......and i think the name they used in the episode for his character was Sheriff Andy Taylor....all we needed was a Barney Fife or an Aunt Bee....

4th Horseman...

Guest betweenthelines

The episode with Cher music was Season 5's 'Post-Modern Prometheus' (AKA the black-and-white episode).