Favorite Millennium Dialogues

Rate this topic

Guest A Stranger

Guest A Stranger

MM's always had a kind of literary element for me. The show was filled with great dialouge. I searched and there doesn't seem to have been any discussion like this. Here' some of my favorites...

MILLENNIUM PILOT

pic100hl.jpg

FRANK

I don't keep secrets, Catherine. I'll

tell you anything you want.

CATHERINE

You think you're protecting me but

you make it worse, Frank. You can't shut the

world out for me. You can't ask me to pretend

that I don't know what you do.

FRANK

Everyone pretends. We all make believe.

These men I help catch... make us.

CATHERINE

We're raising a daughter, Frank.

The real world starts to seep in. You can't

stop it.

FRANK

I want you to make believe that I can.

GEHENNA

MIKE

What you described in there last night --

the face of the beast...

FRANK

I saw it, the day I arrived.

MIKE

I've seen the face of evil, Frank. I've

looked into its eyes, seen it staring back at me.

The face has always been a man's face -- a human

face. I've always believed that evil is born in

a cold heart and a weak mind.

FRANK

I have too.

THE WELL WORN LOCK

CATHERINE

I'm sorry this is happening.

MRS. BANGS

Could have been avoided.

CATHERINE

How do you mean?

MRS. BANGS

I think you know.

CATHERINE

Are you at all aware of how your

daughters feel about their father, Mrs. Bangs?

MRS. BANGS

Everything seemed quite all right

for the past 35 years. Now, you're an expert?

CATHERINE

Did you ever have a secret, something

you didn't want to tell because you were afraid

someone might use it against you?

MRS. BANGS

No.

CATHERINE

We all have secrets, Mrs. Bangs.

MRS. BANGS

Maybe that's what they're best

kept as.

LOIN LIKE A HUNTING FLAME

THOMAS

Maybe I will. I, uh, I told you about working

in LA, Frank. But I didn't tell you everything. Besides

my, uh, marriage breaking up and all, I had this, uh,

reaction to the squalor, the carnage of the work. And

instead of working up a drinking problem like a normal

guy I had a nervous breakdown. Something is wrong,

Frank. You know, in this day and age, people are

carrying on wild as ever, maybe more so. Regular

folks, they're doing drugs, acting nuts.

FRANK

Sex and death have commingled in one inseparable

impulse. Risk feeds sensation. Sensation makes risk

acceptable. We're headed toward (sighs)

THOMAS

Toward what, Frank?

FRANK

Something perhaps we'd do better to avoid.

LAMENTATION

FABRICANT

Hello, Frank. You're mad at me. I

understand.

FRANK

What do you understand?

FABRICANT

All your mercy and good intentions, have

brought you no return.

FRANK

You're dying now.

FABRICANT

Yes.

FABRICANT

But not of old age as I'd hoped.

FRANK

Who is she?

FABRICANT

She?

FRANK

Lucy Butler.

FABRICANT

You had me commuted so you might learn

the nature of evil. I can tell you now. You think

I'm evil, Frank? You don't know what that is.

It's greater than we are, you and me.

FRANK

Who did this to you?

FABRICANT

The base sum of all evil... The sleep of

reason... The Devil's liege...

FRANK

(shouts)

Who was in my house?!

FABRICANT

It knows you, Frank. It feeds off your

passion.

Guest chrisnu

My favorite dialogues/monologues:

Fabricant/Frank confrontation in "Lamentation"

Sammael/Frank confrontation in "Powers..."

The intro to "Jose Chung's 'Doomsday Defense'"

The voiceovers in "Luminary"

The funeral speech in "Roosters"

The voiceovers in "Luminary"

Of course, you know I'd say that!

Also, the intro monologe at the beginning of "A Single Blade of Grass", spoken by Red Crow Westerman.

"Do not tell the white people about this. Jesus is now upon the earth. He appears like a cloud. The dead are still alive again. I do not know when they will be here; maybe this fall or in the spring. When the time comes there will be no more sickness and everyone will be young again."

And, of course, everyone knows this one.....

In Number, this is one for every life which ever was, or ever will be, And like most lives they wait, for a moment, The Moment. When we'll be sent on it's journey back towards the yellow Sun. ... Approaching the Sun, brings definitive change... We will never again be the same. Peering in our skies it is believed to be the prophecy of extraordinary events... ...the birth of Kings, ...the death of Empires, After Centuries, or Millennia, the Journey must end. Perhaps smothered by it's own dust, the dark, soulless body continues eternally through space and time, It may disintegrate and crumble into inconsequential rubble, or may be lost forever, crashing, burning, into the yellow Sun... And tonight as I look into the sky and it looks back on me, I want to know, which am I? I need to know, is this the Beginning of the Journey, ... or the End...

And this one......

I've been given the gift of insight, Of seeing in the Dark, and seeing how the Darkness of men's hearts and minds. I know what Evil is. I've seen it, felt it, tasted it, Inhaled the demon breath of it's ancient Powers. The same Powers that had been prophesised through history and which are now marshalling. Who is witness to this? Have we stopped listening, to the Prophets, the Seers and the Sayers? I have misjudged my gift If I see in the darkness it's because there is light, and it is the light which guides me now, the light that will not go out, that will lead us out of the dark night, if , we let ourselves feel this too. It will protect me, as it protects those around me, even as the ancient forces try to steal our breaths. Seven years of trials and tribulations, Seven plus one the Prophets tell us, Is this; the end? The last year of this peace, or the beginning? Frank Black, "Seven And One".

There are many others from the second season, but here's a favorite from the 3rd.

"We can see the future, in tantilizing glimpses that vanish as quickly as they appear. A premanition. Not what the future is, but that it is. Waiting for us. A reasurring thought. This site's a burden for some. A duty. The clear view of something happening in this country, that could never happen in this country. Of forces we belive could not gather here. We sense the chaos. We Worry. We Wait. Who's gonna see a different future?"

(Frank Black, "The Exegesis")

And, last but not least........

"....I've seen the future....Where the battle between good and evil that has raged for millennia is faught to conclsion. And the stuggle for our hearts and minds is decided for all time.

We survive, maybe, but only by discarding the question that confuses us....

"What do I want?", & asking what the world, what the UNIVERSE wants and needs. Asking what does life itself expect of me."

"Which side wins, daddy?"

"That's what I'm saying. It's up to us."

"We are all shepherds."

"Yes, honey. Yes we are."

(from "Goodbye To All That")

Great thread idea, Strainger! :thumbsup_big:

Guest A Stranger

Of course, you know I'd say that!

Also, the intro monologe at the beginning of "A Single Blade of Grass", spoken by Red Crow Westerman.

"Do not tell the white people about this. Jesus is now upon the earth. He appears like a cloud. The dead are still alive again. I do not know when they will be here; maybe this fall or in the spring. When the time comes there will be no more sickness and everyone will be young again."

And, of course, everyone knows this one.....

In Number, this is one for every life which ever was, or ever will be, And like most lives they wait, for a moment, The Moment. When we'll be sent on it's journey back towards the yellow Sun. ... Approaching the Sun, brings definitive change... We will never again be the same. Peering in our skies it is believed to be the prophecy of extraordinary events... ...the birth of Kings, ...the death of Empires, After Centuries, or Millennia, the Journey must end. Perhaps smothered by it's own dust, the dark, soulless body continues eternally through space and time, It may disintegrate and crumble into inconsequential rubble, or may be lost forever, crashing, burning, into the yellow Sun... And tonight as I look into the sky and it looks back on me, I want to know, which am I? I need to know, is this the Beginning of the Journey, ... or the End...

And this one......

I've been given the gift of insight, Of seeing in the Dark, and seeing how the Darkness of men's hearts and minds. I know what Evil is. I've seen it, felt it, tasted it, Inhaled the demon breath of it's ancient Powers. The same Powers that had been prophesised through history and which are now marshalling. Who is witness to this? Have we stopped listening, to the Prophets, the Seers and the Sayers? I have misjudged my gift If I see in the darkness it's because there is light, and it is the light which guides me now, the light that will not go out, that will lead us out of the dark night, if , we let ourselves feel this too. It will protect me, as it protects those around me, even as the ancient forces try to steal our breaths. Seven years of trials and tribulations, Seven plus one the Prophets tell us, Is this; the end? The last year of this peace, or the beginning? Frank Black, "Seven And One".

There are many others from the second season, but here's a favorite from the 3rd.

"We can see the future, in tantilizing glimpses that vanish as quickly as they appear. A premanition. Not what the future is, but that it is. Waiting for us. A reasurring thought. This site's a burden for some. A duty. The clear view of something happening in this country, that could never happen in this country. Of forces we belive could not gather here. We sense the chaos. We Worry. We Wait. Who's gonna see a different future?"

(Frank Black, "The Exegesis")

And, last but not least........

"....I've seen the future....Where the battle between good and evil that has raged for millennia is faught to conclsion. And the stuggle for our hearts and minds is decided for all time.

We survive, maybe, but only by discarding the question that confuses us....

"What do I want?", & asking what the world, what the UNIVERSE wants and needs. Asking what does life itself expect of me."

"Which side wins, daddy?"

"That's what I'm saying. It's up to us."

"We are all shepherds."

"Yes, honey. Yes we are."

(from "Goodbye To All That")

Great thread idea, Strainger! :thumbsup_big:

Yeah, those voice-overs are great. I once had them memorized but it's sliping. That was always 1013 trademark that I always loved. Maybe a little pretensious and showy at times (especially on X-Files) but like I said, it's the literary element I liked about it. It can make it seem more than just "TV" if done right.

And I forgot to post that I took those dialouges form the Abyss's episode guide, going through the transcripts. Although I wish whoever transcribed them would have written in the standard screenplay format. But beggars can't be choosers. :wink:

Yeah, those voice-overs are great. I once had them memorized but it's sliping. That was always 1013 trademark that I always loved. Maybe a little pretensious and showy at times (especially on X-Files) but like I said, it's the literary element I liked about it. It can make it seem more than just "TV" if done right.

That is exactly how I feel as well! This is why 10-13 Productions have always stood out to me as, quite obviously and easily, the best television of our time! I almost hate to use the word "television", as it seems to cheapen and deminish it. That has always been, to me, the trademark of Chris Carter's work. Each episode of "The X-Files", "MillenniuM", "Harsh Realm", and "The Lone Gunmen", were more like 1 hour long movies than regular "TV" shows.