Zodiac Killer/Avatar

Rate this topic

Guest Moriarty
One drawing is of the Zodiac and the other is Avatar. Can you spot out the right one?

post-569-1172289865_thumb.jpg

post-569-1172289904_thumb.jpg

The first one is the Zodiac, second is Avatar. Where did you find these drawings Joe?

i believe the Avatar is from either Chrisnu's Site or from The Millennial Abyss site.

The Zodiac picture came from a website regarding the Zodiac killer but i cant remember the address of the website

well spotted M.....the differences are in the design of the ensignia...the Zodiac had what looked to be a circle puncuated on all four sides by perpendicular lines that bisected...Avatar only had the one line across the circle...and also the real Zodiac had a square hood, the Avatar had a rounder one...

as a sidebar, my father (civilian in the armed forces) used to travel a lot for his job. There used to be, or still is, a naval shipyard in Vallejo where the government used to send him for up to 20 weeks at a time to work on the Terrior Talos missle tracking systems...during the reign of the Zodiac, he was sent to Vallejo for a period of nearly 40 straight weeks. When he would come back on the weekends, he used to tell us that he had never been anywhere (and lordy did he travel) where the fear was so palpable and where everyone, from the rich to the poor were so nervous that you could not find a gun for sale anywhere within a 100 mile radius of Vallejo...it was most certainly a very tense time...

4th Horseman...

Guest SouthernCelt
as a sidebar, my father (civilian in the armed forces) used to travel a lot for his job. There used to be, or still is, a naval shipyard in Vallejo where the government used to send him for up to 20 weeks at a time to work on the Terrior Talos missle tracking systems...during the reign of the Zodiac, he was sent to Vallejo for a period of nearly 40 straight weeks. When he would come back on the weekends, he used to tell us that he had never been anywhere (and lordy did he travel) where the fear was so palpable and where everyone, from the rich to the poor were so nervous that you could not find a gun for sale anywhere within a 100 mile radius of Vallejo...it was most certainly a very tense time...

That may have been a good thing for the public in general. I also bet people avoided strangers if approached on the street in a deserted area.

• 3 years later...

This case will probably remain as enduring as Jack The Ripper in terms of who, what, when and why. I do recall a minor flurry of interest a few years ago when Deborah Perez claimed that her father was Zodiak and for a while it looked like there could have been some truth to the claims until it was revealed that she has also claimed to be the daughter of JFK. A bit of a loon I guess.

Arthur Leigh Allen is largely considered to be the prime suspect although DNA evidence did rule him out in the not too distant past so the police simply found another DNA expert to explain why this was the case and he could still be the killer. That's the danger with DNA evidence to some degree, it means what you want it to mean dependent upon the point you are trying to prove.

I don't think we'll ever know to be honest.

Eth

Guest SpooktalkGiGi

Love this case, one of my favorite serial killers next to Jack the Ripper. :) I gobble up all i can on these cases like this, love them, read about them whenever i get my hands on something about them. I love documentaries too, im an avid watcher of them, love documentaries about these kind of things. :) so interesting. :0

Laura :)