What you want to see on the dvd set/sets...

Rate this topic

Guest Second Coming

Guest Second Coming

...if they ever materialize.

1. 16x9 anamorphic widescreen (enhanced for widescreen tvs)

I don't have a widescreen tv yet but when I do I want to be ready. And I love watching stuff in widescreen. Plus it will let us see something different than we've seen from MM and it will only improve it. I always considered the show a bunch of mini-movies and this will make it feel even more so!!!

2. Commentaries

Lance Henriksen, Terry Quinn, Chris Carter, Chip Johannessen,

Glen Morgan, James Wong

3. Deleted Scenes

Wow, this would be really cool.

4. Make it a lot like the x-file sets. Where there's just tons of stuff.

But I would just settle for all the episodes in 16x9!!!!

• Elders (Admins)

Hi,

I would have to say for me sound is as important as picture... I'ld like to see the sound remixed into Dolby Digital 5.1.

I'd love to see Deleted Scenes, Interviews, Commentaries, Photo Stills and beautiful packaging... I bet they could do something really special, say a black box with large Ouro on the top which overlaps and that can be opened to take out the individual DVD's...

They'd probably include the orginal interviews that were included on the UK release VHS tapes. BTW, these are available for download at my site (more coming soon incluing a 16MB Chris Carter interview when I get chance to make use of my workmates ADSL!) ...

No more than 2 Eps to a disc though to sustain the highest bitrate possible...

hhhmm, DVD's....

.......aaaah,you have know the joys of a 16x9 screen? they are,in word,heaven for the movie fan. i have a samsung-47-inch HDTV-(though no HDTV-DISH BOX YET)-16x9 monitor. i could NEVER go back NEVER!-(they are not as expensive as some people think,i bought mine at sears for $1,799 and it weighs only 128-pounds)     i agree with all extras you state but will a few of my own fantasy extras:

*director comentary on ALL the episodes directed by thomas j.wright and winrich kolbe.

* blooper-reels-(henriksen loved playing practical jokes and goofing off,especially with brittany tiplady and klea scott)

*3-behind the scenes documentaries covering each of millennium's 3-seasons.

ahhh,to dream :love:

~DAVE :ouro:

Guest Anamnesis
A feature I would love to see utilized on any DVD set would be the inclusion of Mark Snow's fantastic score isolated on its own audio track (even better would be with commentary during the silence).  There has been much discussion on previous boards about official releases of the score as well as official word from Mr Snow himself.  Of course I would just like to see the series on DVD!!!

3. Deleted Scenes

Wow, this would be really cool.

It would be absolutely fantastic to have deleted scenes included on the discs.  Unfortunately, all too often deleted scenes are lost or destroyed.  

The fact of the matter is, Millennium had more than its share of cut material.  Episodes quite regularly ran long and had to be cut down to size.  I was once informed that the first cut of the first season episode "Covenant," for instance, ran close to eighty minutes long!  Imagine that!  Needless to say, almost half of that footage had to be trimmed and left on the cutting room floor for that episode to air on Fox.  We may never get to see the complete work of art.  It's a shame but this sort of thing happens every day in Hollywood, with both episodic television and motion pictures.

It sure would be nice to have some of that trimmed footage put, somehow, onto these discs.  It doesn't seem likely, however, that Fox Home Entertainment would take the time or effort to track down the lost pieces of film.

How about interactive DVD options like links to MM fan sites (shameless plug for all of your sites).  Maybe even some mp3s for music from the series.  How about a button labeled 'Nuke FOX' for making us wait this long for the DVDs?   :alien:

• Elders (Admins)
It would be absolutely fantastic to have deleted scenes included on the discs.  Unfortunately, all too often deleted scenes are lost or destroyed.  

The fact of the matter is, Millennium had more than its share of cut material.  Episodes quite regularly ran long and had to be cut down to size.  I was once informed that the first cut of the first season episode "Covenant," for instance, ran close to eighty minutes long!  Imagine that!  Needless to say, almost half of that footage had to be trimmed and left on the cutting room floor for that episode to air on Fox.  We may never get to see the complete work of art.  It's a shame but this sort of thing happens every day in Hollywood, with both episodic television and motion pictures.

It sure would be nice to have some of that trimmed footage put, somehow, onto these discs.  It doesn't seem likely, however, that Fox Home Entertainment would take the time or effort to track down the lost pieces of film.

Now see this is why Millennium is so ideally suited to the format of DVD....

Can you imagine being able to view all those deleted scenes? Surely Fox employees are working in the background to collate all this extra material...

Brian,

Thanks for the info about Covenant...

This is the kind of information that is missing from today's Millennium sites...

Regards,

Gra.

Brian,

Thanks for the info about Covenant...

This is the kind of information that is missing from today's Millennium sites...

I've been meaning, for some time, to sit down and rework the Abyss' entire Millennium episode guide.  In essence, I want to create a "special edition" version of the episode guide that includes far more descriptions than are currently available.  I have countless tidbits of background information and stories to add regarding each individual episode.  Unfortunately, I just haven't had the time to do it quite yet.

You're right when you say that this is precisely the reason that Millennium is well suited for the DVD format.  When it comes to DVD extras, the folks at Fox could have a field day compiling them for this series.

(Incidentally, the Abyss episode guide entry for "Covenant" features a special edition inspired link which allows you to READ DELETED SCENES.  The folks at Fox should take notes.)

Guest Cookyman

Hi there this is my first post!

Well lets just hope that fox release all 3 seasons this time!  I spent a small fortune on buying the first season on vhs only to discover they were not releasing any more!  To say I was annoyed would be a gross understatement.  The only good thing about the vhs releases was the picture cards you got with the videos (I'm sure they must be quite collectable by now!) :grin2: