What you want to see on the dvd set/sets...

Rate this topic

Guest Second Coming

Guest rockville

Some great suggestions there, I guess we shouldn't get greedy though - I wonder about the prioirty Fox has set on Millenium and the kind of work that goes into the box. I wouldn't be disappointed with only a few interviews, audio-tracks and some kind of "behind the scenes" feature, trailers and the obligatory (and seldom interesting) picture gallery.

np: "Famous Last Words" Chris & Carla

....at the very least i would be happy with the episodes being in 19x9 anamorphic widescreen and dolby digital 5.1-(though that's doubtfull as the just released box of "24" only has surround sound),and the ep intros that i have never seen,that were put into the S1 -VHS release in U.K.     ...hell,i wish i had the capibility to offer some extras on our dvds but i doubt like hell that'll ever happen :cry:

~just let them release the damn thing :angry: ,

DAVE

Guest Second Coming
I'm pretty sure they'll take more time on Millennium like they did with the X-Files. 24 was a rush job. They just tried to get that out before the 2nd season was broadcast. That way they could attract more viewers. That's why the set is bare bones. I would expect them to at least try to put dolby digital 5.1. I'm pretty sure that it will be in 16x9 anamorphic. They started releasing the X-files sets in 16x9 anamorphic with Season 5 because it was shot in widescreen. So I'm pretty sure they'll follow suit.

Guest Wellington

Hi everyone and thanks for this forum!

I did not know that MM was shot in 1.85:1, That will add greatly to the DVD...

I would like a documentary about how they found the ideas for the senarii: historical facts, bible references. All the stories were very original and always intrigued me... Any comments about how the show could have evolved would be fine too...

Regards

......welcome to the forum!!!    after the holidays please keep an eye out for my forum "behind the scenes of millennium",i plan on posting a great deal of information,with as many photos as i can track down. it will be a gradual process and i would eagerly accept any verifiable info on any facet of the making of MM from the users of the forum,with full credit given of course :~)  

.....if indeed they started shooting the-x-files in 16x9 starting with S5 then there is a very good chance that MM was shot that way as well. at that time-(first 2-seasons)-both shows were shot in and around vancouver,B.C.  keep fingers and toes crossed :wink:

~DAVE :ouro:  :santa:

Guest Second Coming
......welcome to the forum!!!    after the holidays please keep an eye out for my forum "behind the scenes of millennium",i plan on posting a great deal of information,with as many photos as i can track down. it will be a gradual process and i would eagerly accept any verifiable info on any facet of the making of MM from the users of the forum,with full credit given of course :~)  

.....if indeed they started shooting the-x-files in 16x9 starting with S5 then there is a very good chance that MM was shot that way as well. at that time-(first 2-seasons)-both shows were shot in and around vancouver,B.C.  keep fingers and toes crossed :wink:

In that IGN.com article I posted earlier the guy there said that it was indeed shot in widescreen. Also Season 5 was  the first time the X-files was shot in widescreen. I have that set and it is in anamorphic widescreen. And I remember someone from Fox saying that it was the first season of X-files shot in widescreen. And Millennium came after that so that's what I would expect.

Guest Anamnesis
All the info I can find on Millennium's filming process suggests that it was filmed using 35mm Clairemont Cameras meaning that the original aspect ratio for the series will be 1.33:1 or as it is affectionatly known Fullscreen (4:3).  Therefore any DVD release should represent the original aspect ratio rather than hack the footage to present it in a 16x9 ratio just for the sake of it.  At least I think it should.

Guest Luminary
Does anyone remember in the UK when Millennium was first shown on ITV? There was an hour long documentary about detective shows, profilers and Millennium, there was a great deal of interviews with Chris Carter, Lance Henrikson and Megan Gallagher. It would be cool to get something like that, maybe just the interviews and not the programme itself because i seem to remember that it was presented by some guy that was in Bergerac...?

• Elders (Admins)

Hey man, I wished I had seen that documentary. The only thing I recall was in my anticipation of Millennium, I read somewhere (TV Times?) that test audiences left the cinema before the end of the Pilot episode to be sick in the foyer...

Gra.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------ANAMNESIS:

"All the info I can find on Millennium's filming process suggests that it was filmed using 35mm Clairemont Cameras meaning that the original aspect ratio for the series will be 1.33:1 or as it is affectionatly known Fullscreen (4:3).  Therefore any DVD release should represent the original aspect ratio rather than hack the footage to present it in a 16x9 ratio just for the sake of it.  At least I think it should"

....actually 35mm film is very capable of filming in 1:85,A.K.A.-16x9. many think that only panavision cameras and 70mm film-(often called "super-70") can shoot widescreen pictures.  most action films do in fact use 70mm film for a more panoramic widescreen presentation but,as you probably know,most drama/suspense/comodies,etc are often shot in 1.85:1-(16x9)-on 35mm film to save costs.  A process,whose name escapes me,uses special lense(s) and a proprietary developing process to enable a "true" 1.85:1-(16x9)-widescreen picture to be shot using inexpensive 35mm film stock.

With the exception of comedies most t.v. dramas have been filming on 35mm,and in some cases video-tape-(yuck!)- for some time knowing that HDTV was on the horizen. good example is "HOMOCIDE:LIFE ON THE STREETS". on this fantastic show,which began in 1993, every epsiode was shot with clairmont cameras-(to the best of my knowledge anyway)- in 16x9 widescreen on 35mm film . this was stated by tom fantana in an interview. so,in my view, MM being released in 16x9 anamorphic is "partly" whether the directors shot the epsiodes in a way that would make 16x9 viable down the road. i've seen the results of a show not being directed/shot on 35mm film for 16x9 but released in that format anyway. i'm refering to the first-(almost)- half of "24"-S1 which was NOT shot or directed for widescreen and the image was absolutely terrible with heavy grain and a smearing effect of the colors,then about halfway through,bam,picture is very high res and sharp as a tack. there are other examples but that one sticks in my mind as a current one.  i'm fairly confinednt that MM was filmed in widescreen,now that i think about it,as the pilot was premiered in a movie theater and it was shown in a widescreen format. i guess now it depends on if the studio,FOX,is willing to put forth the minute extra effort and release the eps in 16x9. i'm hopeful. very hopeful.           ~just thought i'd throw in my 7-and 1 cents  worth and give my views and opinion on this happy obession of mine :;):