What you want to see on the dvd set/sets...

Rate this topic

Guest Second Coming

Guest Saturn Dreaming Of Mercury
I'd be happy if they bundled Mark Snow's score or at least some memorable tracks with the actual DVD package

Guest Wellington

Hi

And what about any collectibles? Like a fake Peter Watts mustache, or a flask of Marburg virus antidot, or polaroids (like in the last Tori Amos CD box set)... Maybe a piece of the fake Cross used in Owls/Roosters, or a miniature red Jeep. Anything would do, they need to get forgiven for their cancelling MM!  :angry:

Whatever it would be, be sure I will get crazy about it!

Regards

Guest Cookyman

As much as it pains me to say this I hope the season 3 dvd includes the x-files millenium crossover episode just to bring closure to the series (even though it sucked!)

:down:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Simeon Nye
Honestly I'd have to say just every episode filmed put together in individual season box sets would be enough to make me overjoyed. As long as the picture was sharp I could put up with full screen formatting and 2.0 sound easily, it's gotta be better than the 5(ish) year old VHS copies I have now...

• 1 month later...

:ouro:

Well, deleted scenes, audio commentary, TV spots and extras like in The X Files box sets would be just plain enough, wouldn't it!

However, I have to disagree with many of You and other people in the world that like widescreen edition DVDs.

To be honest I don't have a widescreen TV, but I still like full screen format better. I don't know what people see in it... I mean Your eyes perceive the world around with its full capability, and not with limitations. I just don't understand!...

Regards,

Black Douglas

:ouro:

• 1 month later...
Guest Polaroid Stalker

I'd like to see them release MM on DVD like the XF sets. Including a PC game of "MillenniuM!" Now THAT would be awesome! Wouldn't ya agree?

-- T.P.S. :cool:

Guest Polaroid Stalker

In addition to the aforementioned suggestions, you know those "X-Files" collector card art promos that came in the VHS XF sets way back? They should do it for "MillenniuM" as well. And that interactive MM game is still in my head...

Keep those ideas coming!

-- Stephen the Stalker :ouro:  :cool:

Guest Delbert
Does anyone remember in the UK when Millennium was first shown on ITV? There was an hour long documentary about detective shows, profilers and Millennium, there was a great deal of interviews with Chris Carter, Lance Henrikson and Megan Gallagher. It would be cool to get something like that, maybe just the interviews and not the programme itself because i seem to remember that it was presented by some guy that was in Bergerac...?

You know, I think that I have that on tape somewhere ... It was called "Millennium: Fact or Fiction?" and was, indeed, presented by John Nettles, still probably best known as the Jersey detective Jim Bergerac.  And to think how quickly ITV's treatment of the series deteriorated from that special-treatment launch!

As to DVDs: I'd like to see them in their original format, whether that was widescreen or 4:3.  A retrospective documentary would be interesting; if you've seen the "Robin of Sherwood" DVDs, they have a fabulous documentary split across the sets where they discuss the series and their memories of it season by season - I'd like to see Millennium get similar treatment, because each season has its own definite flavour, and it would be interesting to see how that developed and what the individuals concerned thought about that.  Commentaries on all episodes would be great, but a good selection would be more likely.  Background information on profiling and on the religious, supernatural and symbolic aspects of the show would be interesting.  And I'm particularly interested in how the show was developed from initial concept on through the changes once in production.

And, as for liking widescreen, it's a matter of seeing the whole of the programme or film rather than a version with up to a third of the picture missing.  It fits more accurately with the director's intentions for the composition of the image, retains all the details that are lost in pan-and-scan.  For example, Sky One shows all its shows pan-and-scan, so there are often episodes of "Angel" or "Enterprise" where the director has set characters at opposite sides of the frame, where all you can see on Sky is part of a body sticking into the frame, making it look amateurish and affecting enjoyment of the programme negatively.