Unconventional names

Rate this topic

Guest Legion

Guest Legion

Is it just me or MillenniuM features some rather unusual name choices? I reckon most of the main names are just a bit too common-sounding or too strange for standard tv series - of course, that's a good thing. On one side our mr.average, Frank Black; on the other, Roedecker and Giebelhouse. MillenniuM rules.

:ouro:

Actualy, "Frank Black" was named for the lead singer in the group "The Pixies". (I hope I got that name right. May the real Frank Black forgive me, but I like MM's Frank Black a LOT BETTER!) :gaba::kissypoo::frank_black:

But, yes, I've noticed the odd choices of 10-13 names as well.

• Elders (Moderators)
Actualy, "Frank Black" was named for the lead singer in the group "The Pixies".  (I hope I got that name right.  May the real Frank Black forgive me, but I like MM's Frank Black a LOT BETTER!) :gaba:  :kissypoo:  :frank_black:

But, yes, I've noticed the odd choices of 10-13 names as well.

Sorry for contradicting you Raven, but actually Frank Black got his name from Chris Carter, who told in an interview that Black should have been his family name, but it changed from Black to Carter for some mysterious reasons even CC himself can´t explain :grin2: And Catherine is the name of his mother, Mulder was actually her maiden name...

Alex :ouro:

Guest Dixon

Of course, Alistair Pepper was named for Aleister Crowley, the British writer famed for his obsessions with the occult and black magic, a man who was fond of such nicknames as "the great beast" and "the wickedest man alive." Hence Pepper's comment in the episode, "Just call me Al, Mr. Black. The name carries some notoriety in certain circles. I find the association distasteful."

Guest chrisnu

On top of unconventional names, I think MLM is going to be one of the few places you here such colorful phrases as "voyeuristic anthropophigiac".

On a side note, I just realized where your avatar came from, Dixon.

Sorry for contradicting you Raven, but actually Frank Black got his name from Chris Carter, who told in an interview that Black should have been his family name, but it changed from Black to Carter for some mysterious reasons even CC himself can´t explain :grin2: And Catherine is the name of his mother, Mulder was actually her maiden name...

Alex :ouro:

O.K., then, I stand corrected. I just said that because I read it on a site about Millennium, and Chris Carter. I guess they didn't have all the facts straight.

That's so cool! I like the real story about where all the names came from better! :thumbsup_big:

Okay, the king of all the unusual MLM names is, of course, Juggernaut Onan Goopta.  However, since this is in a class all its own, I thought I should offer another choice.  How about Alistair Pepper.  Now, if that is not a strickingly unusual name, I don't know what is.

Yes, "Goopta" IS in a whole other class! The only other "Goopta" I've ever heard of is a Doctor "Sanje" (I know I'm not spelling that right) Goopta, who shows up on CNN a lot! :p

:hands2::hands4:

Guest A Stranger

O.K., then, I stand corrected. I just said that because I read it on a site about Millennium, and Chris Carter. I guess they didn't have all the facts straight.

That's so cool! I like the real story about where all the names came from better! :thumbsup_big:

That's true about Carter's naming Frank but Chris Carter has been a long time rock and roll fand and I doubt he was unaware of Frank Black, who went by "Black Francis" when in the Pixies.

How about Ephriam Fabricant?! :bigsmile:

• Elders (Moderators)

That's true about Carter's naming Frank but Chris Carter has been a long time rock and roll fand and I doubt he was unaware of Frank Black, who went by "Black Francis" when in the Pixies.

How about Ephriam Fabricant?! :bigsmile:

OK, OK, so everyone is happy. In that same interview Carter said that there are several nods to his family in TXF and MM. I hope he just meant the names, otherwise I would be very worried :grin2:

Guest Second Coming

Actually, you're all right. He named the last name Black because of his mother. But then he had to have a first name for the character. And chose Frank as a nod to the Pixies. Double meanings and hidden meanings it's the 1013 way.