Frank's history, birthdate, etc...

Rate this topic

Guest innout

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
i thought the bday was supposed to be the same day but a different year, somewhere around 1946 or 47. :kisses: And a lot of guys get more attractive as they age, it make estimations hard. Lance was born in 1940. :tasty:

who was it, Bliss, that said he was robbing the cradle? Sooo judgemental. hey Bliss when your 15 or 25 yrs older than a woman your dating, remember those comments. Like it wouldn't happen if you were single.

i've been known to date older men, even w/d've gone out w/one guy who was 26 yrs older*. usually, their more stable & less likely to play games. although some guys just act like idiots forever. :drunk: if your 40 and living in your parents garage, not paying rent, & getting drunk most of the week, your probably stuck in a quaint little place called role confusion. :fishslaphim!:

* all men are considered on a case by case basis. age is no guarrantee of approval, other factors do apply, sometimes their diet is good to know.

Ahh, that sounds like the life!! What I wouldn't do to move into my parents garage and not pat rent, leaving me with enough money to afford to get drunk most of the week. I'm 39 right now, but I think this is a goal I could achieve by age 40. :oneeyedwinK

Oh, and I forgot what the age difference was that made me make the "robbing the cradle" comment. I can only pray that I date a woman 15 to 25 years younger. If i ever do I will be changing my tune for sure. Until then, I am going to continue to call Frank a cradle robber. :oneeyedwinK

i thought the bday was supposed to be the same day but a different year, somewhere around 1946 or 47. :kisses: And a lot of guys get more attractive as they age, it make estimations hard. Lance was born in 1940. :tasty:

who was it, Bliss, that said he was robbing the cradle? Sooo judgemental. hey Bliss when your 15 or 25 yrs older than a woman your dating, remember those comments. Like it wouldn't happen if you were single.

i've been known to date older men, even w/d've gone out w/one guy who was 26 yrs older*. usually, their more stable & less likely to play games. although some guys just act like idiots forever. :drunk: if your 40 and living in your parents garage, not paying rent, & getting drunk most of the week, your probably stuck in a quaint little place called role confusion. :fishslaphim!:

* all men are considered on a case by case basis. age is no guarrantee of approval, other factors do apply, sometimes their diet is good to know.

Ok lets get this strait sister, It was me that said Frank was robbing the cradle :doh:

Guest Doll
Ok lets get this strait sister, It was me that said Frank was robbing the cradle :doh:

oopsy! i blame that on the wine. :angel:

• 1 year later...

I just watched "Midnight of the Century" and the date Frank and his mom drew the angel picture was December 24, 1946 and Frank was about 6 years old. Where does the 1947 birth date fit in? He certainly wasn't -1 year old when he drew that picture!

Edited by Watts

From the XF wiki (which, admittedly, is not such a complete source, but it does give leads):

In 1941, Frank Black was born in Seattle, Washington to Henry and Linda Black. (MM: "Pilot", "Midnight of the Century")

"Walkabout" and "Goodbye to All That" give Frank Black's birth date as July 21, 1947. This is impossible, however, as "Midnight of the Century" establishes that he was 5 in 1946. It is more probable that the 1947 birth date is erroneous.

And it places the Curse of FB flashbacks to Halloween 1946.

The 1941 must be inferred from Frank being about 6 in the Midnight otC flashbacks of Christmas 1946.

So, July 21, 1941?...

The original script describes Catherine as being "in her young 30s; pretty in a natural, unadorned way"

Indeed she is!

Maybe the Millennium Group file that Watts gave Frank had a typo? Continuity in films and T.V. is always a funny thing. Too many cooks in the kitchen.

Woo hoo! 100 posts and now I'm a "candidate". Awesome.

Edited by Watts

• 4 years later...

I think they probably married when Catherine was in her early to mid 20's. Frank Black was older than I though. I saw the Midnight of the Century, and the Christmas card with teh Angel was done by he and his mom in 1946 and Frank Was about 4 years old there... So I pictured him being born around 1942. catherine 1963. He was 21 years her senior. So he would have probably been 42 when they met. They probably married in Washington DC, spent 10 years there and moved. Jordan was very young. I bet they weren't married more than the 10 years they spent in DC. So i Millennium, he was in his mid 50's.

Catherine looked older in Season 1. They made her drab and dull, literally. By seaso 2 she looked younger. She had a better wardrobe and shiny hair. I loved her curls, but they really did nothing at all to perk her up. The curls didn't shine. One thing I noticed is that both Catherine and Jordan seemed to have such dull curls.

Did they do that to make the mood more somber? Maybe to portray seattles humidity? Dunno. But it did make Catherine look older. I had thought she was in her 40's at the start of the show, especially when Frank said jordan was conceived later in life, etc.. But nope, Catheirne was younger. Maybe she was just tired from Frank going insane so much ;)

• 8 months later...