Funniest Millennium Moment

Rate this topic

Guest icubud

Guest Pencil Machine Operator

Call me spiteful, but I always love the look of bemusement on the faces of Alex's parents at the end of Luminary; It's like they're thinking "but, but... how's he going to make money up there in the woods? How's he going to settle down with a family?"

Duh! They just don't get it, do they?

Call me spiteful, but I always love the look of bemusement on the faces of Alex's parents at the end of Luminary; It's like they're thinking "but, but... how's he going to make money up there in the woods? How's he going to settle down with a family?"

Duh! They just don't get it, do they?

Exactly. Good for you! Most people would never even notice that utterly mystified look, which reflects the responses of 85% of the population. Thanks, PMO! :thumbsup_big:

Hmmmmm.

What an interesting thread.

It could be worse. Going off topic right now.

Imagine if there was a reality show called "Who Wants to Marry Goopta?" or "Who Wants To Marry a Selfosophist?" or "Average Joe 4: Adam meets Lucy Butler".

Be Seeing You,

David Blackwell

RavenWolf,

Cool, I'm glad you didn't think I was being unnecessarily nasty.

VoidPrime,

All those shows sound like pretty good ideas! Imagine they werent 'reality TV', though. And imagine Darin Morgan scripted them.

Well, I can dream, can't I?

Guest STILL Mr.Ne'er-Do-Well

Ah, Geez...there's about a damn hundred for the Darin Morgan double header, but I'll select JUST ONE, from 'Jose Chungs Doomsday Defense', where the Selfosophist recruiter says to Giebs "Are you aware you use a lot of negatives?", to which he replies "Nah no I don't not neither". TOO DAMN FUNNY!

Guest Forza

Love this little tidbit from "Nostalgia":

"You wack at yourself in your little grandstand and then you head off!"

That's just a wonderful job of tweaking typical para-mastabatory terminology just enough to get it past Broadcast Standards & Practices!

The little thread that could!

Anyway,

I love the moment in Roosters where Jim Forde comes into Catherine's office and says "..My supervisor here's a freakin' nazi!"

Sure, buddy, I think we can all relate to THAT sentiment. (supervisors are by definition nazis, right?)

Praying no member's a supervisor :praying: ,

PMO

Guest chrisnu

Another funny moment is Frank trying to sing along to "Little Demon" in his Jeep in "The Curse Of Frank Black". He just keeps slipping up, and the look of slight bemusement on his face is just priceless.

Guest amnesic
Love this little tidbit from "Nostalgia":

"You wack at yourself in your little grandstand and then you head off!"

That's just a wonderful job of tweaking typical para-mastabatory terminology just enough to get it past Broadcast Standards & Practices!

I had a good laugh at a yahoo news story about Simon Cowell giving Paula Abdul the bird on live tv. the story mentions FOX's standards and practices:

"Likewise, a spokesman for Fox Broadcasting, a unit of News Corp, said network censors saw nothing offensive about Cowell's hand position.

"Our standards and practices people looked at it and felt it was a completely benign body posture," the spokesman said. "It wasn't a gesture.""

all i could think of was Mr. Standards & Practices from Somehow Satan....