Funniest Millennium Moment

Rate this topic

Guest icubud

Besides making me laugh, this episode also makes me think about how easy we have made it for evil to rule our lives.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Too true. It reminds me of the C.S. Lewis book, The Screwtape Letters in which two demons, Screwtape and Wormwood, correspond on how to best tempt mankind and lead him away from God.

Too true.  It reminds me of the C.S. Lewis book, The Screwtape Letters in which two demons, Screwtape and Wormwood, correspond on how to best tempt mankind and lead him away from God.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

amen, it is an adaptation of The Screwtapes Letters... what a good message

I also like the scene from A Single Blade of Grass where the buffalo run by followed by clowns. The poor Native American man looks so distraught that his prophecy has just been crapped on. "Those were clowns..." :clapping: I love it!

Guest arcanamundi
I also like the scene from A Single Blade of Grass where the buffalo run by followed by clowns.  The poor Native American man looks so distraught that his prophecy has just been crapped on.  "Those were clowns..."  :clapping:  I love it!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes! That cracked me up too! It was brilliant! It was as if the apocalypse were envisioned by some surrealist like Ionesco.

The image of Frank sitting down wearily on the curb as if he was just tired from a long hard day struck me -- when he was still trippin' hard on rattlesnake venom...reminded me of stories of Hindu yogis who could pop hits of acid like they were candies and remain unaffected.

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
Some other hilarious Jose Chung moments: after Frank tells Mr. Chung "I'm a roving, freelance, forensic profiler", he says "Oh" in such a way that I can't help cracking up. Also, when Mr. Chung says "I'll take that as an unqualified rave!"  :grin2: Also, the whole "Nutball" sequence is great.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is a topic I would have to think on for a while, but this is one of many scenes that cracked me up as well (along with the groin shot). I remember actually thinking of that line by Frank the next day at work and getting a good chuckle out of it again. I wish I would have run across this thread earlier because there are so many of these funny little moments, and they all kind of slip my mind right now. I should really read into some of the other topics more. I'm sure a lot of my posts and comments seem the same ole same ole to some of the members who have been here a while. OK, here is one off the top of my head. I really got a kick out of the passwords that Roedecker gave Frank and Lara, and the way he chuckles when Frank first reads his. Frank just seems so uncomfortable, for lack of a better word when he first says it. Kind of like he is deliberately being forced to sound silly. I also got a good laugh the first time I heard Lara say "Open The Pod bay door please Hal", knowing immediately that it's the work of Roedecker.

• Elders (Admins)

Its not the funniest Millennium moment, but I appreciated the humour of Roedecker having made himself a 'unique' version of the Millennium screensaver - his Blue Ouro with the snake's head eating its own body. I have been trying to make that for about 18 months in Flash! I loved the fact that it seemed he was talking the piss out of the group and its logo in a nerdy sort of way, for his own amusement. I loved the animation becasue of the clunkyness of it, something I wanted to re-create with crunching noise for each bite. One day...

post-1-1107508110_thumb.jpg

post-1-1107508135_thumb.jpg