Funniest Millennium Moment

Rate this topic

Guest icubud

Guest F_Black

There's another part in 'Goodbye, Charlie' when he goes into talk to the counselor (right after the 'Act depressed. You should be good at that.', 'I'm not depressed I'm just quiet' scene with Lara). He sits down and says something like "I've been having visions that are the manifestation of pure evil" to the counselor guy. Heh.

Oh, and when Lara pulls the walnut out of the dead guy's mouth: "Thay say you can't eat just one".

Anyone interested can also read the entire Jose Chung transcript which is chock full of stuff here: https://www.timferrante.com/Abyss/Transcripts/mlm209.txt

THe end quote is great:

"Well, all's well that ends well.

Though that's easy for Shakespeare to

say -- he'll be around for another

millennium. But what of our own

millennium? Will it all end well? No

one can know, but that of course

doesn't stop anyone from guessing.

And the nature of those predictions

always revolve around the usual

suspects: salvation and/or self-

satisfaction. With that in mind,

I humbly add my own prophecy of what

the dawn of the new millennium shall

bring forth: one thousand more years

of the same, old crap."

there are two moments for me, and I don't know the eps, so maybe someone can help with that.

the first is where Frank is taking Jordon trick or treeting, and she is dressed as marge simpson, and he says something and Jordon says in a very marge sounding voice "Oh Homer..."

The second is in the ep that has the guy telling the story to the inmates- and there is a part where in the story Frank pulls a gun out of his pocket and Hollis looks at him and says "You don't use a gun" and the look he gave her was priceless.

:clapping:

Kath

• 2 weeks later...
Guest blondton13
Its not the funniest Millennium moment, but I appreciated the humour of Roedecker having made himself a 'unique' version of the Millennium screensaver - his Blue Ouro with the snake's head eating its own body. I have been trying to make that for about 18 months in Flash! I loved the fact that it seemed he was talking the piss out of the group and its logo in a nerdy sort of way, for his own amusement. I loved the animation becasue of the clunkyness of it, something I wanted to re-create with crunching noise for each bite. One day...

post-1-1107508110_thumb.jpg

post-1-1107508135_thumb.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You know, I didn't remember that until you mentioned it and I certainly didn't see the hidden meaning behind it..now you've made that so much more amusing to me!! :smokin::rofl::fool::clapping:

Guest MillenniumIsBliss

I have noticed a slew of funny moments recently, although I'm still not sure what is the funniest. Of course, it isn't surprising that many of them are from "Doomsday defense". I watched it again last night, and I got a kick out of a couple of scenes or moments. First, for some reason, it was just clever and struck me funny when the narrator at the beginning of the episode says that Selfosophy groups started popping up all over the country. You then see a couple of red dots appear on the map. One of the first ones is kind of towards the Mountain area, but then it is covered up and removed. Then you see all these red dots peppering the map, not throughout the country, but all concentrated on the coast and in California. Hmm, isn't there a certain real life outfit that's big in those parts? Also, another thing that struck me funny is when Frank tells Chung that he read his book "A Lap Full of severed Tongues" 10 times, or something to that effect. Also, probably more cute then funny was the thing with Jordan's gift in "Midnight of The Century", and the way Frank can't seem to come up with a good idea. That part is kind of funny in itself, but leads to another funny moment, when frank pulls the tag off of the Giga pet (after he sees that Jordan already got one), and the joy and delight on Roedecker's face when he opens the box and gets the very item he was just talking about wanting. Also, although you would not expect many of the funniest moments to occur in "Midnight Of the Century", it is funny when Frank gets his gift from Roedecker, and it turns out being some Christmas slasher flick, as well as the way they argue about whether the killer in the film is a spree killer of serial killer. Funny stuff.

Its not the funniest Millennium moment, but I appreciated the humour of Roedecker having made himself a 'unique' version of the Millennium screensaver - his Blue Ouro with the snake's head eating its own body. I have been trying to make that for about 18 months in Flash! I loved the fact that it seemed he was talking the piss out of the group and its logo in a nerdy sort of way, for his own amusement. I loved the animation becasue of the clunkyness of it, something I wanted to re-create with crunching noise for each bite. One day...

post-1-1107508110_thumb.jpg

post-1-1107508135_thumb.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

When you do

:w_Praying_closed_eyes: ... remember sharing makes you an :angel2: and if not.. well... there is always :WhipMeLucysaidFrank:

Guest blondton13
When you do

:w_Praying_closed_eyes: ... remember sharing makes you an  :angel2:  and if not.. well... there is always :WhipMeLucysaidFrank:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeh- I second that emotion! :arguing::bigsmile::eyes: :grin:

Guest MillenniumIsBliss

OK, I am ready to make a final decision on the funniest moment. I am going to go with the "Rocket Magrane" scene in "Doomsday defense". I have watched that episode three times now (if I remember correctly) sense getting season two, but when I watched it last night, I took the time to skip back and rewatch that scene, a luxury that was never present before the release of the DVDs. That scene cracked me up every time I watched it, which must have been at least 4 or 5 times. The whole thing is hilarious, right from the beginning, where he kicks the door open. He then delivers one hilarious one liner after another, and the way he delivers them, in a manor that is so out of character with Frank Black, is equally funny. Another thing that is easy to miss, as the scene goes by so quickly, is Giebelhouse playing the "straight man" in the background, and being so serious, acting as if Rocket Magrane's behavior is perfectly normal. With such great acting and fascinating characters like Frank, Peter, Lara, etc., it's easy to lose sight of what a great job "Giebs", or should I say the actor who plays him did. Probably the funniest and most unexpected scene is, or course, the crotch shot and the way he has that big grin on his face as he delivers it, but the dialogue also cracked me up all the way through. Also, another more subtle funny moment is the recurring use of the word Millenniumistic, and Peter watts response when Giebelhouse uses it when talking to him. Writing just doesn't get any more brilliant then this episode.