Kingdom Come

Guest WaveCrest

Guest WaveCrest

Done a forum search and there was no existing thread for Season 1's Kingdom Come.

I haven't seen all of Kingdom Come yet but if I do watch it in the future I'm missing out the teaser. When I first saw some of KC on it's premiere on Sky One back in early '97 I watched the teaser but had to look away at the end.

Lindsey Crouse played the detective helping out Frank didn't she? I'm sure of it.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest chrisnu

Yes, that's right. Ms. Crouse played Group member Ardis Cohen. From the interview with her prior to Season One, it sounded like Ardis was going to be a recurring character. I guess that didn't work out. A good episode BTW.

• Elders (Admins)

You can find the Tester Trailer for Kingdom Come at MDUK:

https://www.millenniumdesktop.co.uk/html/md...um_trailers.htm

We also have a behind the scenes interview with Lindsay Crouse filmed on the set of Kingdom Come in which she wonders what her 'gift' will be as if she would be in more than one episode. Only Frank love, only Frank. :tongue:

Regards,

Graham.

• Thank you for not contributing to the spread of fake or inaccurate content, speculation or false information especially in relation to current worldwide health events.
  • Need help? For technical related issues, please use our Support Forum.
  • To report spam or inappropriate content, please use the Report option which flags all community Elders and autohides the content if multiple reports are received before site staff can respond directly.

Guest Pencil Machine Operator

I'm probably in a minority of one when I say this, but I always thought of Kingdom Come as the first below-par Millenium episode. It's still miles ahead of most TV, but compared to the GREAT season1 episodes, I think it was a little 2-dimensional.

Perhaps it's the characterisation of the killer- ultimately, he's a stereotype harvested from any old semi-liberal cop show. The drama is formulaic: a handful of murders, and then the big showdown.

However, I really liked the scenes with Frank, Catherine and Jordan; the episode did a great job of broadening the show's protagonist(s). The dilemma of how to raise a child in such a cruel world is one that a lot of people can relate to, and the episode deals with it really well.

Sorry,

PMO :angel:

Ps. nice info Graham, Where do you get it all?

Guest chrisnu

PMO (not another TLA!); I would agree with you, were it not for the final act. The final scene between Galen and Frank is one of my favorite moments in the series. I'll know I'll get a lot of flack for this, but I'd say "The Judge" was the first sub-par episode of MLM. Other than the Frank/Legion scene, it's a pretty paint-by-numbers SKOTW. I don't care much for "522666" either.

Guest Pencil Machine Operator

Yeah, that scene is really good actually. It's the point where the two dramas of the episode (the drama of the killer and the drama of Frank's personal problems) kind of intermingle and form an even more tense situation...

It all forms an interesting dynamic.

Iv'e seen the Judge twice but still don't really know how much I like it really; I think it deals with some complex stuff, and it is ultimately a pretty 'enigmatic' episode; the confrontation between Frank and the Judge sticks out as a great scene (gotta love that actor, can't think of his name. The great acting throughout really carries the episode); but yes, I can't decide if it's just hollow or if it really is profound. I'll have to watch it again (I only started to like Gehenna after the third viewing!)

Guest WaveCrest
why did you look away???

very good episode/story.

19:19

Why I looked away at the end of the teaser was because of what happens after the priest is knocked out.

I don't think I knew about that before, that Lindsay Crouse was going to come back again as her character from Kingdom Come. Same with reading that she was a Millennium Group member and not a detective. Or was she both?

Guest se7en

...i think "Kingdom Come" is brilliant in everyway,though very disturbing everytime i watch it. i love it's themes,the main one being a man trying to snuff out his fath,his spirituality,after tragedy,and ultimately failing to do so.

...although i love the themes presented i have always been rather BLAH about "Gehenna". no idea exactly why,it just does not do much for me for some reason.(?) .....i always feel strangely letdown/bored after watching Pilot/2000 just before it.

~se7en