Kingdom Come

Rate this topic

Guest WaveCrest

• Elders (Moderators)

I watched "Kingdom Come" again last night, along with other episodes from Season 1. I hadn´t watched them for a long time. I agree, the final scene in the church, Frank talks, it is one of that MM-moments where you are banned in your seat. But I don´t consider it as one of my favourite episodes, same with The Judge. Dead Letters is a very courious episode, after all, it is not about the murders, it is about a man (Horn) who finds himself in a position where he is absolutely helpless. And this makes him very angry, so he is attacking the murderer and he kills him in the end, by accident, but he tried to protect his family from people like the murderer. A process Frank is going through by himself in The Beginning and the End. Actually I like 5-2-2-6-6-6 very much. The character of Dees makes me shiver everytime I see him.

K-A-B-O-O-M

Dead Letters is a very courious episode, after all, it is not about the murders, it is about a man (Horn) who finds himself in a position where he is absolutely helpless. And this makes him very angry, so he is attacking the murderer and he kills him in the end, by accident, but he tried to protect his family from people like the murderer.

Ummmmm..... :thinking_big: Re-watch the last scene of "Dead Letters". Frank and James Horn are talking, and Horn says..."Everything in the van is inadmissible." Then, Frank says that some of one of the victoms belongings were found in the murderers home. "He won't get away..." Frank adds. So, I don't think Horn accidentaly killed anyone.

• Elders (Moderators)

Ummmmm..... :thinking_big: Re-watch the last scene of "Dead Letters". Frank and James Horn are talking, and Horn says..."Everything in the van is inadmissible." Then, Frank says that some of one of the victoms belongings were found in the murderers home. "He won't get away..." Frank adds. So, I don't think Horn accidentaly killed anyone.

Yes, you are absolutely right. Sorry, my fault. I watched five episodes in a row, perhaps too much :grin2: But nevertheless Horn was in a way like Frank in The Beginning and the End. For Gods sake Frank wasn´t in that bad mood all the way through the show, beating up every suspect :rofl:

Yes, you are absolutely right. Sorry, my fault. I watched five episodes in a row, perhaps too much  :grin2:  But nevertheless Horn was in a way like Frank in The Beginning and the End. For Gods sake Frank wasn´t in that bad mood all the way through the show, beating up every suspect :rofl:

Guess that's when YOU know you've watched too much Millennium! :gaba::p

• 6 months later...
Guest Max Fenig

You're not the only liberal here. I've noted many other ones from reading the Debate forum, as well. I'm surprised that you would say you're in the minority.

Anyway, I watched Kingdom Come earlier today and thought it was quite good. Very unpredictable, not to mention the killer wasn't as outright "just plain evil" as the one in "522666" -although that worked to that particular episode's advantage; I found the serial bomber very frightening.

I'm up to Disc 3 now (the set arrived on Wednesday) and I'm impressed by the series this far. "Dead Letters" is by far my favorite episode yet. "The Judge" is my least favorite, and it appears I'm going with popular sentiment on that one.

Oh, and I'm a proud Democrat, FYI.

You're not the only liberal here.  I've noted many other ones from reading the Debate forum, as well.  I'm surprised that you would say you're in the minority.

....Um, I'm confused. Did I miss something? Were you addressing me?

BTW, glad you're enjoying season 1. It is truly remarkable, and makes everything else simply PALE in comparison! :yes::ouro:

BEER----> Kind of a sidenote here. I was watching the baseball World Series last night and the TV camera panned the stadium. Yup, there was Stephen King sitting in the stands rooting for the 'Red Sox'. BTW, he has a new movie out there called 'Riding the Bullet'.

BELCH

Guest Max Fenig
....Um, I'm confused.  Did I miss something?  Were you addressing me?

BTW, glad you're enjoying season 1.  It is truly remarkable, and makes everything else simply PALE in comparison! :yes:  :ouro:

Pencil mentioned being in the liberal minority. From the Debate boards, it's clearly a very diverse group of political opinions.

I was really enjoying the experience up until Disc Four. Some of the episodes are spectacular - "Dead Letters" and "The Wild and the Innocent" especially - but then Disc Four changed everything.

I HAVEN'T SEEN ANYTHING THAT GOOD IN MY LIFE.

"Force Majeure" and "The Thin White Line" effectively blew me away. Literally, across the room. I had to back up and breathe. Whoo. You don't see things this good in real life. It just doesn't happen - I mean, after "Force Majeure" I though to myself, "That was too good. I can't watch any more. It can't POSSIBLY get any better than this." And you know what? I stayed and watched "The Thin White Line" - AND IT WAS BETTER. IT WAS HONEST-TO-GOD BETTER THAN THE GREATEST THING WHICH I HAD JUST SEEN. "Sacrament" was almost equally amazing as the previous two. I'll probably be finishing the series off by this weekend, but I already can't wait for Season Two.