"Anasazi"/"The Blessing Way"/"Paper Clip"

Rate this topic

Guest WaveCrest

Guest WaveCrest

This is a brilliant episode with one of the best cliffhangers of the series. At the time it was the start of the best mytharc 2/3 parter so far but turned out I think to be the best one of the lot. There was loads going on in Anasazi.

Should've looked in the newspaper last night to remind myself what time TXF was on BBC2! I thought it started at 12:35 a.m. but when I turned it over to BBC2 I saw the scene where Mulder and Krycek have a scuffle and Scully shoots Mulder in the shoulder. I looked in the paper and saw that Anasazi came on at ten past twelve! I was sure it was on later than that, but it must have been just with Our Town last Friday and not Anasazi as well.

I can remember when I watched the three parter on video (The Unopened File). I think Anasazi had been shown on Sky and the only way we could see the rest of this three-parter was by buying the Fox video The Unopened File, months before Season 3 premiered on Sky One in early 1996. This was continued in the following two/three part mytharc releases.

It was an amazing watch, the journey from the great memorable opener, through the normal least best second part in the middle to the 'more answers but new questions asked' revelations in the final part that made you wonder what was to come in the season ahead (the mytharc and whatever standalones you would read the first info about).

Guest chrisnu

I LOVE "Anasazi". This is back when I was a huge mytharc fan, when it felt like it meant something. LOL The mytharc gets expanded by leaps and bounds in this trilogy, and it's my favorite season-ending cliffhanger. "Requiem" is a close second.

Guest WaveCrest
Ahhh....ANASAZI...That is the beginning of one of the best 3 parters ever! :thumbsup_big: 

:thankx-big: For starting this thread!

No problem. :wink: I could start some other XF episode threads but I think I'll do them gradually rather than all at once or close together.

• 6 years later...
Guest WaveCrest

Talitha was OK. I like the other cliffhangers and season starters better too. This is pure speculation, but it may have been a blessing of sorts in keeping it a two parter, in that three episodes may have been too long. Sometimes short is good!

The Anazazi/Blessing Way/Paper Clip is my favorite, followed very closely by Gethsamane and the Reduxes.

:rock2:

I have to agree with you there. The Anasazi/Blessing Way/Paper Clip trilogy is by far and away one of the highlights of the whole show and not just one of the best finales/openers. I think it has something of everything that makes the X-Files so damn good in it. I know Chris Carter made mention that when he discussed the episode with other series writers, Darin Morgan referred to Anasazi as a 'kitchen sink episode' for that reason.

I remember watching that episode for the first time and as my fingers had not yet been burnt I believed Mulder could well have been killed in the closing moments with the boxcar.

Powerful stuff and very, very well written.

Eth

Is it possible to rename this thread and call it something like "Anasazi"/"The Blessing Way"/"Paper Clip", with in the subject bar "Three-parter bridging the second and third seasons". It saves starting a separate thread for "The Blessing Way" and "Paper Clip".

There is and I have. Or at least I think I've renamed it as requested. Just have a look for me Richard and see if I've got it correct. If you want it to be changed further then just drop a suggestion here and I'll get on to it.

Eth

• 2 weeks later...
Guest WaveCrest

There is and I have. Or at least I think I've renamed it as requested. Just have a look for me Richard and see if I've got it correct. If you want it to be changed further then just drop a suggestion here and I'll get on to it.

Eth

Does "three-parter" or "three part story" look better?