Mark Snow MySpace Page

Rate this topic

Guest goodbye2allthat

Guest goodbye2allthat

I don't now if many of you are on MySpace, but I started a Mark Snow page a few months ago and I've recently updated it with new music - there's a couple of Millennium tracks included (sadly I can only have 4 tracks available at any given time) if you want to give them a listen.

Technically, music pages are only meant for the actual artists to set up on MySpace, but since Mr Snow hasn't got one up yet, this will have to do (it might mean the account will be deleted at some point, sograb the tracks whilst you can)

https://www.myspace.com/marksnowmusic

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
Thanks for sharing, that track you entitled Edge of the World is one of my favourites.

Yes, mine too. It's amazing how quickly I recognize all of the tracks available there and how familiar "Edge of the World" sounds. It's probably safe to say that mark Snow is my favorite composer of TV music of all time. When you combine his work on MM and XF alone, it's some of the best "new agey" music I've heard, and this is coming from a "new age" nerd. He hasn't quite reached Tangerine Dream status, but he's a close second, and his current stuff is better. It's incredible how he can take a scene or episode and come up with the perfect music. His work probably goes somewhat unnoticed, but it played a big part in setting the mood and making XF and MM episodes memorable. If each episode was a batch of chili, Mark Snows music was the seasoning. :oneeyedwinK

Guest Laurent.
If each episode was a batch of chili, Mark Snows music was the seasoning.

Hahaha! Nice one!

I think Snow's work is amazing both in MM and XF; yet I think it is more narrative in XF than it was in MM. In Millennium, his score was more musical and in the X-Files he really served the story and wasn't just adding to the atmosphere. When I listen to The Truth and the Light (great cd by the way) I think of it more as another X-Files story than as a soundtrack. I used to listen to it late at night, alone in my bedroom, and I would really get some scary moments, and thoughtful ones or more relaxing passages.

goodbye2allthat,

Thank you very much, it's such a great myspace page! I've been looking for the Post Modern Prometheus Suite from that promo CD for years and finally I could listen to it. :) I really hope you'll find a way to upload the full suites from PMP and Christmas Carol. :)

I enjoyed Edge Of The World and Joy Ride, too. Well, I hope to see more tracks from Millennium! ;)

Thanks again!

And by the way, Mark Snow was nominated for French Cesar Award in February.

Film composer Mark Snow has been nominated for a Cesar Award, the main national film award in France, for Best Music Written for a Film for "Coeurs" (International Title: "Private Fears in Public Places"). Snow is the only American composer nominated in the category. "Coeurs," adapted from an award-winning play, offers a darkly comedic glimpse into the lives of six lonely characters and the strange circumstances that connect them. It also received recognition in seven other categories including Best Director (Alain Resnais). The award ceremony takes place on February 24.

Snow has received numerous Emmy nominations and ASCAP awards. Last year, he became the first composer to receive ASCAP's prestigious Golden Note Award for lifetime achievement and impact on music culture. Past Golden Note recipients include Elton John, Sean "Diddy" Combs and Stevie Wonder. He has enjoyed great popular success as well. Mark Snow's iconic "X-Files" theme remains a worldwide phenomenon.

Classically trained at Julliard, he continues to blend his orchestral style with electronica influences. His impressive list of over one hundred television and feature film credits includes "Starsky and Hutch," "Crazy in Alabama," "Disturbing Behavior," "Millenium" and "Ghost Whisperer."

Source: https://www.soundtrack.net/news/article/?id=918

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
Hahaha! Nice one!

I think Snow's work is amazing both in MM and XF; yet I think it is more narrative in XF than it was in MM. In Millennium, his score was more musical and in the X-Files he really served the story and wasn't just adding to the atmosphere. When I listen to The Truth and the Light (great cd by the way) I think of it more as another X-Files story than as a soundtrack. I used to listen to it late at night, alone in my bedroom, and I would really get some scary moments, and thoughtful ones or more relaxing passages.

I will have to try to get "The Truth and the Light". I have a copy of the Snow Files, but that has very little X-files and no MM. I know what you mean about the X-files music though. It would be interesting to listen and see if I can place the music with the episodes it is from without looking at the titles.

• 1 month later...
Guest Laurent.

I especially like to guess what kind of scene the music was written for. And when you end up on a passage that makes you think "now someone is surely going to die..." and then you realize that you're alone in your small, dark, isolated home... it kind of feels like you're the poor unnamed victim in the teaser of a new episode.

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
I especially like to guess what kind of scene the music was written for. And when you end up on a passage that makes you think "now someone is surely going to die..." and then you realize that you're alone in your small, dark, isolated home... it kind of feels like you're the poor unnamed victim in the teaser of a new episode.

LOL, yes, and then it's time to turn off the X-files music and listen to something light uplifting like Weird Al Yankovik. :oneeyedwinK

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
LOL, yes, and then it's time to turn off the X-files music and listen to something light uplifting like Weird Al Yankovik. :oneeyedwinK

PS, I am not really a fan of Weird Al, but his version of Ridin' Drity called "White and Nerdy" really is quite brilliant.

Guest Laurent.

Hahaha! I had no idea what you were talking about, so I searched and found his YouTube video for the song:

White & Nerdy

I have to admit that it's really well done. I had never heard of him before.