A thought struck my mind

Rate this topic

Guest Legion

Guest se7en

....sorry Dust but we are certainly not going to mandate that any S1-VS.-S2-VS.-S3 discussion be confined to one topic or thread. that's not realistic nor neccesary,or even fair, in my opinion. SORRY(?)

~se7en :ouro:

Guest A Stranger
....sorry Dust but we are certainly not going to mandate that any S1-VS.-S2-VS.-S3 discussion be confined to one topic or thread. that's not realistic nor neccesary,or even fair, in my opinion. SORRY(?)

I remember a time when almost every thread turned into some real life philosphy discussion but that seems to have stopped. :bigsmile:

Seriously now - am I the only one to find the reality-rearranging shockwave a great idea?

:ouro:

Yep. It was a nice idea to pop up in an episode of Millennium, but I wouldn't want to see it practiced in a show like Millennium.

Be Seeing You,

David Blackwell

• Elders (Moderators)

Well, to add something to the discussion about S2 :eyes: I don´t think that the show would be still around without the impact of Morgan and Wong. They wanted to do something new, never seen before on TV. I think without them MillenniuM would have become just another PROFILER or CSI. And after all the arguing between Carter and FOX...they wanted to take MM away from Carter, which they obviously did and wanted it to turn into something different. But Carter got Morgan and Wong as execs, so FOX was arguing with M&W. They said "MillenniuM or nothing at all", so M&W were in a way forced to do MM. The seasons finale was a sort of kick in the butt for FOX, like making the end of the world happen, so they could say "Let´s see how FOX wants to continue this show now...haha..." But perhaps this is just in my little mind :grin2: I liked MM from the beginning, but I really began to love it with season 2. Just remember what happened to Harsh Realm and Lone Gunmen...If they had continued doing season 2 like season 1, Murder-of-the-week-show, perhaps there wouldn´t have been a season 3. It could have been cancelled during season 2 and vanished like HR and LG. I am thankful for every single episode of MM, the good ones and the not so good ones...

Guest se7en

.... i dunno know,i seriously doubt that one, besides comparing S1 MM to the other dreck you listed,which to me doesn't make any sense as MM was something revolutionary and different right from the first frame of film from the pilot,there is no denying the cold hard facts of how S2 performed. and it performed the worst out of the 3-seasons.-(and i'm not implying ratings equate quality but they DO equate overall popularity)- M&W,it can't be denied,certainly did "attempt" to do something different with MM,unfortunately they also alienated a large portion of the show's fanbase in the process. most everything i say is usually a form of opinion,but the above is not.

...I truly think that had M&W not been the show-runners of S2,and as a result were able to keep the majority of the astounding writers and directors/producers of S1,that MM "'could" have reamined what it was by the end of it's first season: a moderate hit with a devoted,loyal fanbase/following,instead of what it became,which was just a show that had a loyal fanbase/following w/great demographics but crappy/falling ratings.

...you could still have had many of the classic standalone episodes of S2,without the increasing silliness of the S2 mytharc,and "potentially" had a much more cohesive season and better ratings as a result.(?)

...of course "what could have been....blah blah blah.....LOL." but i don't think,even if i was a massive fan of M&W all the way through S2,that M&W did anything to help extend the show's life. Unfortunately.

I remember a time when almost every thread turned into some real life philosphy discussion but that seems to have stopped. :bigsmile:

:thinking_big: Yes...I remember that time, too, and I'd had many thoughts along just those lines, but I was afraid everyone was tired of my philosphical observations. :blush::gaba::angel:

Did not intend to offend. I did state that Id had a crap day and that I was aware that I was being a *****.

Aspects of MM annoyed you and you were voicing your annoyance. I was annoyed by your annoyance and voiced my annoyance about your annoyance which you found annoying.

:sorry-big:

Forgiven?

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::laugh_big:

That was a good one, Dust!

And, I didn't think you did anything that needed forgiving. It was just an openion. And, realy, I tend to agree that we shouldn't *blast* any season. The only thing that REALY ticked me off about season 3 is that that was the LAST ONE! :cry:

Guest se7en

......i'm with Erin,there is nothing to apologize for;i sometimes get frustrated/fed-up/angry over other's opinions regarding the show as well. but the show can and does inspire so many different passions in so many different people that differing views on what's the most important,or what's the best are bound to not jibe with everyone else's idea of it;and frankly that's one of the things that is so unique to the show.

...but speaking of these things is,and likely always will be,a major part of this board. and i'm glad actually because i often,not always,but often,learn quite a bit from reading other viewpoints. it's never my intent to try and sway anyone into liking S3,just like i'd be pissed if someone TOLD me i had to love the entirety of season-2. moderator or not i'd probably tell that person to go sit on a bike without a seat............several times in a row!

...but when i hear/read what i find to be some unrealistic or not accurate gerneralizations about my favorite aspects of MM,including S3 and the whole "S1 is just serial killer of the week,dude!"-then,hell yeah,that's when i go defend what i love. i enjoy doing it but i also do it so some newbie will hopefully not get unduly influenced by other's likes or dislikes before he/she have had a chance to watch it and view it for themselves,"fresh",without being overly biased one way or another.

..it's certainly no mission,or crusade,as some have hinted,but yeah i enjoy "getting into it" sometimes and when,on those rare times if i am ever able to get anyone to ever think of anything other than "S2 rules and everything else sucks" then that's great because EVERY season had monumental talents behind them. If not....oh well?? LOL.

...during these frequent go-rounds,with established and especially new members,i often still get something new out of these discussions/debates. ..and i know other's have as well,because they've said so, and that's only a good thing as far i'm concerned.

...yes,i too all too remeber the whole "what's your osophy" disasters,and the ensuing blow ups that occasionaly occured. but thatnkfully that whole mess was just a few people who could not handle differing opinions and felt compelled to attack,and what not. but that' all history now and if that was the worst to befall TIWWA thus far then we are very lucky indeed!

~PEACE,

se7en :ouro::smokin:

• Elders (Moderators)

I know you´re gonna beat me for this se7en :eyes: comparing MM to PROFILER, but the main characters had a similar history. Both were Ex-FBI, both could see "what the killer sees", of course the leading role in PROFILER was played by a woman, but the similarities are there. Don´t get me wrong, I´ve seen PROFILER just one or two times, and I wasn´t hooked on it, it is far away from MM. But I read an article once entitled "PROFILER - Original or MillenniuM-Clone ?". They said that it was a coincedence that just happened one time in TV history. PROFILER went into production at the time MM was already in production. A staff member of PROFILER even told the execs "Oh, you´re doing something like MillenniuM." "What is MillenniuM ?" they replied :grin2: Nevertheless PROFILER aired one month before MM and it lived one more season than MM. I don´t think that PROFILER ever had the loyal fanbase that MM had and still has. Sort of that happened to TWIN PEAKS. The ratings went even more down in season 2 and the show was cancelled. But it is still a favourite show today with a still growing fanbase. David Zucker said in the commentary on the "Naked Gun"-DVD that the main reason "Police Squad", the show which led to Naked Gun, was cancelled after three episodes, were the "physical" jokes. You really had to sit in front of your tv and watch the show. If you don´t see the joke you don´t laugh. Zucker said "most Americans have their tv running whilst doing something else like ironing..." :grin2: And it is already really difficult to follow TWIN PEAKS when you´re actually watching it :rofl: I think MM was cancelled because it was way too good... :ouro: