Leonard Betts/Fight Club

Rate this topic

Guest Pencil Machine Operator

Hi,

Am I right in thinking that Leonard Betts was voted the best x-files episode ever, and Fight Club the worst?

Does anyone agree?

Leonard Betts was a good (small'g') episode, and the final revelation about Scully was really effective, but 'the best'?

I havent seen season9, so I dont know how Fight Club compares to those (supposedly bad) episodes; but to me, there were a handful of season1 eps that were much worse than FightClub: Space, Fire and Roland.

Again: Fight Club was bad, but 'the worst'?

I'm not a member of any TXF forums, so I don't know, maybe most of you guys have drained all discussion about this topic...

Guest SouthernCelt

I also haven't seen S9 so I can't comment on good/bad episodes. My favorite episodes (not saying they were the "best") are "Beyond the Sea," "Eve," and "Pusher."

As to a "worst" episode, I think every season had two or three episodes that weren't up to snuff in some respect but it's hard to say which one would be the worst. I didn't like "Roland" but that might just be me.

I still am compelled to stop and watch any XF rerun, even those I didn't think much of on first viewing. :smokin:

Guest chrisnu

In my opinion, the best X-Files episode was either "One Breath" or "Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose". Althought "Fight Club" was really bad, the title of worst X-Files episode has to go to "William". Either that, or "Trust No 1". Both from Season 9.

Clyde Bruckman would definitely be one my faves.

Was season 9 really THAT bad? Because I'm a fan and havent seen the season, I would seriously consider buying the set, just to see how it all ended, you know?

(I bet FOX are betting on loads of shills like me!)

Guest chrisnu

Yes, it is really that bad. I can count on one hand the number of episodes I consider tolerable, and somewhat up to the standards of the previous 8 seasons (yes, even Season 8). None of them I would consider great, though. The rest is pure dreck. The mythology episodes are so convoluted, you're hard pressed to tell what's going on anymore. Pretty much the whole season is a "what the hell is going on?" moment. I'll tell you how it ends; we don't learn anything new. No payoff whatsoever. Sadly, it's not worth watching. I'll rent the DVD set because I have sadistic tendencies, but there's no chance in hell I'd buy it.

Guest chrisnu

Yes, they do. I always took that as Carter and Co. giving FOX the finger for cancelling the Lone Gunmen TV series. It was absolutely unncessary, it only compounds the awfulness that is "Jump The Shark". Can you believe that's the actual name of the episode?

Guest A Stranger

"Leonard Betts" is good but "Paper Hearts" is probably my favorite. It's much better.

And S9 was the biggest load of sh*t I've ever subjected myself to. It was painful to see what was once a great show fall that horribly. The only episode worth existing was "John Doe." So when coming up with a worst episode that whole years is filled with them. But "Fight Club" is pretty close.

Not only do the Lone Gunman die, but they die in such a ridiculous and unecessary way! A lot of people said S5 was not as good, then S6 was too comediac and so on and so on but never in my wildest imaginations did I think they show would turn this horrible. I think it has to go down in history as one of the worst delclines in TV history!

They had a two chances to go out with diginity when Duchovny said he wasn't coming back after S7 then again when he decided to at least give them the chance to wrap the show up and come back part time in S8 but they just kept going and going! :down:

Monica Reyes. :cry:

Probably the worst thing they did for the show was have Mulder learn what happened to his year and the answer just was the worst revelation ever (she was killed by a child molester (or child murderer)) and that just was the biggest slap in the face besides the episode where they kill the Lone Gunmen off and the series finale (it was a big turd). It just seemed that the show should have ended at the end of season 7. Seasons 7 through 9 showed an alarming trend of the writers decing to throw out the good things more and more with bad plots that should have never been written.\.

Be Seeing You,

David Blackwell

Can you believe that's the actual

name of the episode?

Ha! Jump The Shark! They might as well have just called it "we are so, so, SO sorry." :down: