The Last Millennium

Rate this topic

Guest Pencil Machine Operator

I was browsing Brian Dixon's superb Millennial Abyss, started looking at the Links section, and saw this:

The Last Millennium: alternative Season 3-

The link is now dead; but does anyone know anything about it?

And please, NO discussion about which season is better than which...

Guest ModernDayMoriarty

I haven't seen it but I did see a few suggestions for alternative Season 3's. Most seemed to take the idea that Frank would set up his own consulting firm/detective agency. I don't buy that personally as I don't think Frank could afford to go into business for himself as Season Two particularly seemed to imply that he wasn't exactly a wealthy man. So can't help you really I'm afraid.

But of course the REAL Season 3 was great because...

THUMP!!!

(Sound of MDM being smashed over the head repeatedly with his soap box and dragged away...)

Most seemed to take the idea that Frank would set up his own consulting firm/detective agency.

Definitely a bad idea!

Just a side-note: was I right in suspecting that The Trust was just Art Pepper/ Legion up to his old tricks?

Guest Forza

I strongly disagree with the assertion that Season 3 was a lemon in need of major repairs. IMO, it holds it own with the seasons that preceded it.

Granted, I did not feel this strongly when I originally watched the episodes air; however, after reviewing the entire series on DVD-R (thanks Se7en), much of season 3 is simply excellent.

Frank's return to the Bureau provides him the opportunity to mentor a new generation of special agents. Superficially, his efforts may have failed--after all, Hollis reluctantly joins the group at the series' conclusion--but few will argue that she was't a better agent (and person) because of Frank's tutelage. Indeed, what part did Hollis play in bringing about the Group's apparent dissolution as mentioned by AD Skinner?

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em!