When you wish upon a chance...

Rate this topic

• Elders (Moderators)

I don´t know if this has already been posted, but I found this excerption of an interview with Chris Carter at HarshRealm.net. There is even stated that FOX cancelled MillenniuM because of Harsh Realm. HR was given the airdate of MM on Friday...another bad choice FOX...and I don´t mean the quality of HR...

Carter talking about MM Season 3, Quote from HarshRealm.net: "Man, I've worked hard on Millennium this year," Chris Carter states. "I've written and rewritten several shows. It's not like it was in the first year, but I've certainly paid a lot more attention to it this year than last... I really think that show is hitting its stride. I wish that more people watched it. I wish more people would give it another chance. And I hope it comes back next year."

Sadly his wishes didn´t come true... :cry:

Quote HarshRealm.net: Mr. Carter was memorably ticked when Fox canceled The X-Files' little brother, the creepy Millennium. He went ballistic again when they yanked his next show, Harsh Realm, after only three episodes in the fall of 1999.

"That was an unfortunate situation where there were many different forces at work, and they were destructive forces," said Mr. Carter, sounding himself like someone who spies black helicopters circling over his house. "There was a guy [Doug Herzog] running the network who had never done it before. Fox wasn't doing very well, so they were looking to cut costs. So they took something that didn't perform as they expected right out of the box and cut it, to stanch the flow of blood from other wounds."

Well, I never did like harsh relms anyway. I feel too much was placed on the numbers for Millennium- numbers that made no sense as they were from people who fall asleep at the set or walk out of the room.

Not the real numbers- of people who come to sites like this- years later and still follow the shows, and the actors.

come to think about it, I never did like X files anyway. Shows that its not the writer who makes the shows but the people involved in it.

Kath

Well, I never did like harsh relms anyway. I feel too much was placed on the numbers for Millennium- numbers that made no sense as they were from people who fall asleep at the set or walk out of the room.

Not the real numbers- of people who come to sites like this- years later and still follow the shows, and the actors.

come to think about it, I never did like X files anyway. Shows that its not the writer who makes the shows but the people involved in it.

Kath

Ahh, yes, like the counselor said in "A Room With No View"....."It's all about your numbers." :angry::devil01: