Fox confirms US Region 1 Release date and specs.

Rate this topic

Guest Second Coming
It's 1.33:1.  :ouro: It makes sense, since XF S4 was shot at the same time as MLM S1, and XF was shot in 1.33:1. XF didn't switch to widescreen until S5 / MLM S2.

Yeah I was going to mention that the X-Files season 5 is when they first started filming in widescreen and that seems to correspond with Season 2 of MM. But I was hoping there was a little gap in there and MM season 1 got 16x9. And if it was originally in 16x9 i believe Fox would have released it in that. They did that with season 5 of X-files to the dismay of some fans(uniformed ones i might add).

Guest chrisnu
They did that with season 5 of X-files to the dismay of some fans(uniformed ones i might add).

The problem with S5 was that it was filmed in 16x9, but it looked like it was intended to be viewed at 1.33:1 only. They are some glaring examples of off-stage stuff in some episodes, the most glaring and obvious in "Bad Blood".

Although I love widescreen with TV series, I also love the full 1.33:1 aspect ratio of The X-Files in the first few seasons because it represents the mood I expect from those.

I believe it's the right decision to just release Millennium how it was filmed and possibly intended and I even believe TCFHE is able to do that :)

tobyx