Further evidence that we're headed for the end

Rate this topic

Guest SouthernCelt

Guest SouthernCelt

The victims: post-386-1178560555_thumb.jpg

The perps: post-386-1178560645_thumb.jpg

These animals car-jacked, then raped Christopher Newsom, cut off his penis, then set him on fire and shot him several times (fatally) while they forced his girlfriend, Channon Christian, to watch. An even more cruel fate awaited her!

Channon Christian, was beaten and gang-raped in many ways for four days by all of them, while they took turns urinating on her. Then they cut off her breast and put chemicals in her mouth ... and then murdered her. (The "chemicals in her mouth" were intended to cover up the perps' DNA.)

Dozens of New Charges in Double Murder Case Announced

Posted: 5:05 PM Feb 1, 2007. Last Updated: 11:40 AM Feb 8, 2007.

Reporter: Whitney Daniel, WVLT Staff

Knoxville (WVLT) - The District Attorney General of Knox County announced the list of charges facing now five suspects in the double murder of Channon Christian and Christopher Newsom.

The District Attorney General Randy Nichols is not saying whether or not he will seek the death penalty, but he does say the State will seek conviction for all charges filed in a 24-page indictment from the Knox County Grand Jury.

Lemaricus Davidson, 25, faces a total of 46 charges. Davidson was indicted on 16 counts of felony murder growing out of rape, robbery kidnapping and theft of Channon Christian and Chris Newsom, 2 counts premeditated murder of Christian and Newsom, 2 counts especially aggravated robberies from Christian and Newsom, 4 counts especially aggravated kidnapping of Christian and Newsom, 20 counts aggravated rape of Christian and Newsom, and 2 counts of theft from Christian and Newsom.

Letalvis Cobbins, 24, faces a total of 46 charges. Cobbins was indicted on 16 counts of felony murder growing out of rape, robbery kidnapping and theft of Channon Christian and Chris Newsom, 2 counts premeditated murder of Christian and Newsom, 2 counts especially aggravated robberies from Christian and Newsom, 4 counts especially aggravated kidnapping of Christian and Newsom, 20 counts aggravated rape of Christian and Newsom, and 2 counts of theft from Christian and Newsom.

George Thomas, 24, faces a total of 46 charges. Thomas was indicted on 16 counts of Felony Murder growing out of rape, robbery kidnapping and theft of Channon Christian and Chris Newsom, 2 counts premeditated murder of Christian and Newsom, 2 counts especially aggravated robberies from Christian and Newsom, 4 counts especially aggravated kidnapping of Christian and Newsom, 20 counts aggravated rape of Christian and Newsom, and 2 counts of theft from Christian and Newsom.

Just last night, police in Lebanon, Kentucky, arrested 18-year-old Vanessa Coleman. She faces 40 Tennessee state charges. Coleman was indicted on 12 counts felony murder growing out of rape, robbery kidnapping and theft of Channon Christian and Chris Newsom, 1 count premeditated murder of Christian only, 1 count especially aggravated robbery of Newsom only, 4 counts especially aggravated kidnapping of Christian and Newsom, 20 counts of aggravated rape of Christian and Newsom and 2 counts of theft from Christian and Newsom.

Eric Boyd, 24, also arrested in connection with the fatal carjacking, only faces federal charges as an accessory after the fact. He was not indicted by Knox County Grand Jury.

Felony Murder carries a possibility of death, life without the possibility of parole and life with parole. Especially Aggravated Robbery is a Class A felony that carries a possibility of 15 to 60 years in prison. Aggravated Rape is a Class A felony that carries a possibility of 15 to 60 years of prison.

At a news conference Thursday, Nichols commended the cooperative efforts between several departments and credits that cooperation for the fast pace this case is moving through the court system.

Nichols says he hopes to move the case to trial on the first day it's set.

The four are expected to make their first court appearance within ten to fifteen days.

This is certainly a case garnering a lot of public interest, Nichols recognizes that and says he expects all kinds of requests filed in this case, including a change of venue in order to receive a fair trial. But he says he does hope 12 Knox County jurors will be able to determine the guilt or innocence of these suspects.

Personal note: Don't you find it interesting that the national news couldn't get enough of the Duke "rape" case, but this far worse crime hasn't received any notice by the media outside of the locals and a few folks that spread the word via e-mail?

OMG..... My heart goes out to these 2 beautiful young people's families.

I agree about how saddly inadiquate the news coverage is these days. I would see dozens of murders, robberis, etc etc etc that were all around Atlanta, with follow-ups, etc. Yet, when my friend Laury and her sons were murdered by her husband (May 8th was the 7th anniversary of that, btw) it was a footnote on the news. None of the details of the hours long, planned mass murder were ever covered. I know they can't know everything right off hand, but you never heard another word about it. It's all become (as Frank said) "depersonalized. Common."

Do you know how they caught these monsters? Why this couple was targeted, etc?

Guest SouthernCelt
Do you know how they caught these monsters? Why this couple was targeted, etc?

Don't know much beyond what the writeup says. I've tried to do a bit of internet searching but since this happened over a month ago, it's become old news and nothing comes up on searches. I also checked to see if it might be a bogus "urban legend" story but didn't find any indication that it is so I guess it's a legit story that's already become old news.

Guest SouthernCelt

I got the story in an e-mail from a friend, who got it from a friend ad infinitum... That's why I tried to do a little checking before I simply repeated the details. As I said above, I couldn't find specific news reports in Knoxville or otherwise but also found no 'urban legend exposed' type of listing either.

Guest Moriarty

Yes, I agree. I read this post a couple of days ago when SC posted it and it kind of "haunted" me since then. Not a day went by without me thinking about it. Such cruelty. It is unbelievable that humans are capable to do such an act.

How horrible. I would bet money that these punks had already been in trouble with the law before, but not really punished. I am so tired of the US's tolerance for crime, and wrong headed ideas about protecting the rights of perverts like these guys.

• Elders (Admins)

I received an email today from someone who thought members on the forums might be interested in some links relating to this awful crime:

Hello,

I was doing a search on Channon Christian and Christopher Newsom murder in Knoxville, Tennessee and found your site.

Further evidence that we're headed for the end - TIWWA - This is who we are#entry67599#entry67599#entry67599

Like who post it first, I got an E-mail about it too in middle/late April. I thought that I would let you know that this story is mostly true as what I have been able to find on the web.

Here are some links for you to check out if you wish...

This is a TV station that you can follow as the story broke in Knoxville....

WBIR.com Search Results

Then these two links.....

Channon Christian and Christopher Newsom murder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Urban Legends Reference Pages: Murders of Christopher Newsom and Channon Christian

Yes, like all most everyone else, I feel for the families and friends of these two young people. I pray for them every day at least once if not more for them to have the faith and strength that they are going to need in the year coming. The people that supposedly did the crime (have not been proven in the court of law yet), will not go to trail until next year (first one will be May 12, 2008).

Just a guest on your site,

Barbara from Detroit, Michigan, USA