The Pest House

Rate this topic

Wow, my first Mabius. Do I need to be careful what I say to a hit man? I'm not sure I'm in the group yet or not, just new to the site, and it states I'm a law enforcer.

I liked The Mikado so much more then The Pest House. It just seemed more believable and at the same time, more frightening.

Earthnut

Guest Laurent.

You made me realize... Am I the only Hitman on the board? That would be cool!

Anyway, I agree with the comparison between Mikado and Pest House. I think that comes mostly form the fact that the Mikado tried something new while Pest House was full of clichés (mostly intended I believe). So maybe it would have been better to switch the order..

But I do remember that on their first viewing, back to back, I thought it made a great horrific duet of episode!

"If you pull it out and watch it independently, it does come across as an enjoyable episode." (RodimusBen)

Yes, but scared the "you know what" out of me. Not one of my favorites, but a well made episode nevertheless.

I agree, I liked Melinda McGraw better as Melissa Scully. It's a shame she wasn't in more episodes.

• 2 weeks later...
I would suggest that its not ambiguous, but a red herring. We go through the episode - especially the final battle presuming its a demon issue, when in fact, its not quite as simple. Frank says Edward's intentions were good, not evil, but the evil consumed him.

You know this is the first time watching this episode that I realized this.I guess it was because you are expecting the evil to be a demon/Legion. Also Purdue saying Edward was the devil kind of shoved me in that direction. I watched it the other night on Chiller and it finally got through to me what Frank was saying.Finally the light bulb has turned on!

intentions were good, not evil, but the evil consumed him.

We see so much of this now-a-days, people with good intentions but totally consumed with evil works of the flesh. I believe any time there's evil works; Legion is there.

Yippe, now an FBI Director. I'm so excited that I'm moving on up.

Ben, for our sakes, I hope you ARE the only Hitman on the board. After all, we only need one.

• 1 year later...

I would suggest that its not ambiguous, but a red herring. We go through the episode - especially the final battle presuming its a demon issue, when in fact, its not quite as simple. Frank says Edward's intentions were good, not evil, but the evil consumed him.

I suppose you could see it as being a demon thing if you see the transfer of evil being akin to say Bob in Twin Peaks; that while Edward was good, he'd dipped into the pool and now was controlled by what he had fought, but in actuality, I think we are to assume that the evil itself was so powerful it was visible, but not that he himself is a demon.

Great acting and direction all round, though I was surprised they left the poor gas attendant. I presume Frank thought he was safe as the MO was for women, not men.

Edward's situation seems to follow more of the direction of Steven Kiley, than, say, The Judge, Lucy Butler, or Mr. Pepper.

It seems that good intentions are what break the man here. Kiley seemed to have similar good intentions as well, though he seemed more deceitful about it. Can I say that "The road to hell is paved with good intentions" applies here?