"Spotnitz Sanitarium"

Rate this topic

This was the first time I'd noticed the sign say "Spotnitz Sanitarium" near the beginning of "Jose Chung's Doomsday Defence".

How many others had noticed this before? Am I the lone nimrod that it just "clicked" for?

We should make a list of little inside jokes like this. Only, isn't Graham already doing just that? LOL :hands2trans::2handstransp:

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
This was the first time I'd noticed the sign say "Spotnitz Sanitarium" near the beginning of "Jose Chung's Doomsday Defence".

How many others had noticed this before? Am I the lone nimrod that it just "clicked" for?

We should make a list of little inside jokes like this. Only, isn't Graham already doing just that? LOL :hands2trans::2handstransp:

No, I think I am a nimrod as well. Either I didn't pick up on that or I forgot it, because I don't remember it. Then again, I'm not really big on the behind the scenes contributors to Millennium. For example, I have only even learned who Spotnitz was in the past few years. I will have to look for that the next time I watch the episode.

Guest Laurent.

Hahaha, yeah I kind of picked that one up on the first listen. But I guess Spotnitz is not as famous among Millennium's fans than X-Philes.

And I think you're right about the "inside jokes/winks list" for Millennium. Graham must be working on it which means that he has a lot of work to do... maybe we could all help him out.

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
Hahaha, yeah I kind of picked that one up on the first listen. But I guess Spotnitz is not as famous among Millennium's fans than X-Philes.

And I think you're right about the "inside jokes/winks list" for Millennium. Graham must be working on it which means that he has a lot of work to do... maybe we could all help him out.

Yes, I think producers tend to go more unnoticed than writers and directors, and it seems like Spotnitz was mostly a co-producer on MM, although he did write a few great episodes, including his crowning achievement, Antipas. Not only did he participate in more episodes of X-files than MM, but I think he also wrote a lot more on X-files, which probably made his name more instantly recognizable to XF fans. I do have to confess, even being a big X-files junkie at one time, that I still didn't catch the reference to the Spotnitz Sanitarium. :doh:

Guest lonegungrrly1121

woo I noticed it :kickin: I'm not sure if thats a thing to be proud of or not! i love frank spotnitz, he's responsible for both my fave MM ep and one of my fave x files episodes... Antipas and Alone

Guest Laurent.

Just to give credit where credit is due:

Spotnitz didn't just write the XF's episode Alone, it was also his first appearance behind the camera. For a first-time director, I think he did an amazing job and he didn't really made his job easy with the scenes in the dark, underground cave.

Guest lonegungrrly1121
Just to give credit where credit is due:

Spotnitz didn't just write the XF's episode Alone, it was also his first appearance behind the camera. For a first-time director, I think he did an amazing job and he didn't really made his job easy with the scenes in the dark, underground cave.

Very good point! what a complex episode to begin with. I know the reviews on that episode are very varied, but I really like Alone. though leyla harrison really annoys me at times

Guest ZeusFaber

Speaking of giving credit where credit is due, it should also be noted that "Antipas" was co-written with Chris Carter.

Guest Laurent.
Speaking of giving credit where credit is due, it should also be noted that "Antipas" was co-written with Chris Carter.

Like most of his work on the mythology. Makes me wonder how much they worked as a team. I know sometimes Carter only acted as a story editor; Memento Mori was written by John Gilnitz (Spotnitz, Shiban and Gilligan) and Carter edited the script. And at times he helped Spotnitz to write a story he came up with (Apocrypha/Revelations). But I always felt like Carter was by far the most active writer of the mythology...

It seems so hard to write in team... yet Carter & Spotnitz seem to have found a successful method of doing it. Because most of their episode together were great and even better than the episodes they did when they were on their own.