Is one of these the AntiChrist?

Rate this topic

Guest SouthernCelt

Guest queequeg914
Sheree Dawn -

I've asked a similar question of several practicing Christians. Their belief levels range from those that identify themselves as devout fundamentalists wherein the biblical word is the actual voice of God captured on paper to those that merely attend church most Sundays and believe that much of the bible is imaginative fable, life lessons meant to inspire and lead - and a few other types I'll characterize as in between. Interestingly, despite the wildly divergent religious opinions held by these Christians in most other matters, they all believe that the anti-Christ is or will emerge in the exact shape or form as has been described in the bible or, more importantly (at least to me), as described by the various Churches. I find it interesting to note that organized religion has painted a far more detailed face for the anti-Christ than can be found within the pages of the Holy Bible. I do not think this is by accident. In any event, I too have wondered just exactly what the anti-Christ is - man, idea, demon, devil, or as you postulate in your previous post, a collective will that moves away from the Christian god.

I like having an opinion so I'll offer mine: the anti-Christ will likely be either the head of a popular Christian denomination, one who believes that it is his mission not only to preach the gospel but also that only he can truly understand its message - he will ask that if you seek salvation that you seek it through him. The other would be the head of a global religion, one founded upon an earthly message of peace (in itself not a bad thing) rather than a message of the divine trinity. The idea will be undermined almost immediately as this leader wold realize that you have to keep the peace, it doesn't just manifest naturally on earth, and who better to force the peace than himself? It's for our own good after all...right?

Anyway, just some thoughts that came to mind after having read your post.

Thanks.

I've heard a theory similiar to yours a few times. I think it has a great point! We certainly wouldn't *know* the Anti-Christ was the Anti-Christ, right? I mean, it would just stand up and say "Hey dudes, I'm here to end the world!". So if the Anti-Christ is a literal human figure, it would certainly stand to reason that he or she would be a figure that most would view as a great leader and peacemaker. Cool thought! Very interesting!

I've heard a theory similiar to yours a few times. I think it has a great point! We certainly wouldn't *know* the Anti-Christ was the Anti-Christ, right? I mean, it would just stand up and say "Hey dudes, I'm here to end the world!". So if the Anti-Christ is a literal human figure, it would certainly stand to reason that he or she would be a figure that most would view as a great leader and peacemaker. Cool thought! Very interesting!

One of the identifying characteristics of the anti-christ is that he will bring about peace when it seems the world is about to break apart. This peace will be issued between Israel and her enemies. Interestingly, there actually is a country called Israel today. There wasn't for nearly 2000 years. And clearly Israel has many enemies. This is a remarkable coincedence.

Another statement about the anti-christ is that he will eventually force people to worship his religion and perhaps him or be beheaded. I find it eerie that Muslims behead those that will not take on their faith. Will the anti-christ be a Muslim? I have trouble seeing that, but hey they do want to force their religion on the whole world. Well at least that has been their history and stated goals.

Guest queequeg914
One of the identifying characteristics of the anti-christ is that he will bring about peace when it seems the world is about to break apart. This peace will be issued between Israel and her enemies. Interestingly, there actually is a country called Israel today. There wasn't for nearly 2000 years. And clearly Israel has many enemies. This is a remarkable coincedence.

Another statement about the anti-christ is that he will eventually force people to worship his religion and perhaps him or be beheaded. I find it eerie that Muslims behead those that will not take on their faith. Will the anti-christ be a Muslim? I have trouble seeing that, but hey they do want to force their religion on the whole world. Well at least that has been their history and stated goals.

Eeek...this brings back memories of the first time I was forced to go to a church of a friend of my dad's- he preached that demons were going to come out of the ground and eat us, and if we didn't get eaten, the government would cut off our heads in front of our families if we didn't kill other people for them....

Of course, supposedly beheading is a quick and relatively painless way to die! I think I'd rather be beheaded than eaten by a demon.

Guest Rhodes_Knight

Hi Southern Celt -

I'm not sure but I think you may have misunderstood my post's intention. I quite literally was engaging in a bit of 'what-if' rumination, the basis of which lay in the human desire to examine the mystery presented by the biblical anti-christ. I certainly hadn't intended to belittle anyone's faith by mere examination. I think I alluded to the fact that the bible has less to say with regard to the anti-christ than has been offered up by organized, religion, Hollywood, various cults, etc. and thought it would be fun to offer a possibility in the form of an opinion. My opinion wasn't meant to be much more than a guess and not to be taken seriously. I guess next time I'll label it as fun conjecture so as not to offend. Sorry for the confusion.

Rhodes_Knight

Eeek...this brings back memories of the first time I was forced to go to a church of a friend of my dad's- he preached that demons were going to come out of the ground and eat us, and if we didn't get eaten, the government would cut off our heads in front of our families if we didn't kill other people for them....

Of course, supposedly beheading is a quick and relatively painless way to die! I think I'd rather be beheaded than eaten by a demon.

A beheading can be quick, but sometimes it takes few blows and even some sawing. I don't mean to be gruesome, but there are people doing such things to other humans in our times. Sounds like a pretty crazy sermon. I wounder where the idea of demons eating people came from?

Guest Sheree Dawn
Eeek...this brings back memories of the first time I was forced to go to a church of a friend of my dad's- he preached that demons were going to come out of the ground and eat us, .

buuwahahaha; sounds eerily similar to a situation with my ex-boyfriend's mother. Talking about nut sacs.... We went to the lake one time. Time came to eat; we had hot dogs and the usual crap that goes along with it. I bit into my hot dog and the old bat told me Jesus would give me a stomach ache if I didn't thank him for the food before eating it. This was the same woman who told me and her sun that going to the prom was sinful.

Sounds like a scene out of FOOTLOOSE.

Guest Sheree Dawn
One of the identifying characteristics of the anti-christ is that he will bring about peace when it seems the world is about to break apart. This peace will be issued between Israel and her enemies.

Had a weird afterthought on this one.... Jimmy Carter is out there trying to bring peace to the world. Still, I see the Pope as being a bigger threat than JC.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest queequeg914

Dude, I think Tom Cruise might be the Anti-Christ. He wants us all off our anti-depressants, right? Well, if I stop taking my meds, I'm going to go ballistic and I'll do my part in the end of the world. And I'm not the only one, right? So he's trying to build an army of bat-shit crazy folk who refuse their crazy meds. Perfect strategy.

Dude, I think Tom Cruise might be the Anti-Christ. He wants us all off our anti-depressants, right? Well, if I stop taking my meds, I'm going to go ballistic and I'll do my part in the end of the world. And I'm not the only one, right? So he's trying to build an army of bat-shit crazy folk who refuse their crazy meds. Perfect strategy.

I don't know if you meant this to be.. but man, that's funny!

Guest Sheree Dawn

Tom evidently doesn't know :censored:

I've tried going off my meds; I'm bipolar. The meds stifle my visionary gifts, and make it hard to understand the things I see or feel. But it keeps me a functioning member of society that does not want to kill people (not literally). I've done the full body detox thing, and that didn't help any. When I go off meds, I end up in jail or having a mental break. It's always worse in the fall/winter, too.

Now, as I picture 1000's of people like me, off pills.... HOOOOOeeeeyyyy! We'd be more a danger to our own troops than the enemy.