Is one of these the AntiChrist?

Rate this topic

Guest SouthernCelt

Guest Sheree Dawn

Just a note on an afterthought... and a hypothetical situation or scenario...

I was raised in a baptist church, and am not that familiar with other denominations. I know that I was told all my life that God turned a deaf ear to your prayers, even if they were for someone else like a dying relative, UNLESS you made that walk down the isle and had yourself baptized. Coming from someone who does not practice that faith now, it seems like a demand of allegiance. Nothing personal to our Christian friends here at TIWWA, just a view from another slant. I certainly don't mean to insult any.

But now take this "requirement" a bit further. It is accepted by Christians that you must be "saved" for your prayers to be heard, so if a congregation or group of followers were truly faithful to their pastor or leader, they would most likely do anything else he/she asked. (anyone consider that the anti-christ might be a woman?)

Slowly this person would "add" requirements--as I have seen local pastors do, such as members of this church need to vote for or against this candidate, or suffer persecution. One local pastor demanded that if you voted for George W in the last election, you should leave the church. It ended up being HIM who left in light of a law suit. But I digress....

As this pastor/evangelical gains popularity and power, more and more people are doing what he/she demands. Remember that line in the bible verse that says "thou shalt not suffer a witch to live"? Well, that could possibly be taken literally (bear with me, I know I am getting really way out there, or am I?". Along those lines, anyone who does not follow pastor suchandsuch would be deemed against the Lord and thus must be a demon or working for the devil. And you know what they do to those people, or would??..... It's just one of many ways this could play out.

And if you don't think someone could EVER have this kind of power, think back on Jim Jones. ONly this time, instead of killing themselves, the followers of teh church of whatever could be persuaded to kill others in the name of the Lord...

Yeah, it's very similar to the Muslim theology, but there are others out there that are just as extreme--as the Church of Tom Cruise, aka Scientology.

Connecting all of this back to the MM series, you can see how acts can be created in order to fulfill a prophecy and supposedly under the direction of a divine courier.

Selfosophy save us.

Guest SouthernCelt
Just a note on an afterthought... and a hypothetical situation or scenario...

I was raised in a baptist church, and am not that familiar with other denominations. I know that I was told all my life that God turned a deaf ear to your prayers, even if they were for someone else like a dying relative, UNLESS you made that walk down the isle and had yourself baptized.

Well, I was brought up in the Baptist Church as well, and I never heard the theology taught that only the prayers of the saved were heard. Was your denomination the "traditional" Baptist, otherwise know as the Southern Baptist, or was it one of the variations like Primitive Baptist or Missionary Baptist who exist primarily because their church doctrine is different from Southern Baptists? Then again that may be a regional variation in doctrine depending on which seminary the bulk of the ministers in the region attend for their training.

Since this borders so much on two basically taboo areas, I'll leave my comments at that.

Guest Sheree Dawn
Well, I was brought up in the Baptist Church as well, and I never heard the theology taught that only the prayers of the saved were heard. Was your denomination the "traditional" Baptist, otherwise know as the Southern Baptist, or was it one of the variations like Primitive Baptist or Missionary Baptist who exist primarily because their church doctrine is different from Southern Baptists? Then again that may be a regional variation in doctrine depending on which seminary the bulk of the ministers in the region attend for their training.

Since this borders so much on two basically taboo areas, I'll leave my comments at that.

They were all part of the southern baptist association.

• 2 months later...
Guest kongstuffer

None of the above.

What about the antichrist being the ultimate deceiver? We'll be charmed and seduced into thinking he will save the world.. . . . . and only when it's too late realize that we've been tricked.

Trust no one!

Guest Cooler King

If you want to find the anti-christ you need to look for someone who is defeating enormous odds against himself. Who was a nobody and in the blink of an eye became our "salvation" our bringer of change in darkened world. He will have the ability to swoon anyone not careful enough because of his excellent oratory skills. Even when evidence is brough against him that could ruin his character, it seems as if nothing can touch him.

Now in my experience I do not like to point fingers and say "That's the guy. That's the antichrist." Because we'll never know until it actually hits the fan, but the only person that comes even close to this right now in the main stream media is Barack Obama.

Edited by Cooler King

I see Obama as a demagogue. I am amazed at how people are swept up by him. But hey, you get to vote for who you want for whatever reason you want hu?

Most of those that promote end times Christian ideas say the guy who comes and make peace when no one else could ought to come out of the Roman empire; doesn't mean they are right. One way you could go for a US person is the phrase that says he comes out of the sea. The Americas could be seen as land in the seas? Having an American as the antiChrist is very unusual.

Of course some Christian faiths do not buy into all this end times stuff at all (like Calvinist). They say all that stuff already took place and Nero was the antiChrist.

An amazing thing in all of this. for me.is that Israel is a nation. Historically speaking that is so improbable. It just hasn't happened for any other people. And that the Bible says that the whole world will come against Israel. Aren't we on the road to the whole world coming against Israel? Easy to believe.

Whoo... Time for me to start my long monologue of doom! *insert evil laugh here*

1) Yes, Hollywood deemed that the Antichrist was born of a jackal. I've only see the first three movies- I do not deem Omen 4 canon due to the fact they have the antichrist coming back... kinda lost on that.

2) There are some sects of Christianity that deem that the Pope in Rome is the Antichrist:

"There is no other head of the church but the Lord Jesus Christ. Nor can the pope of Rome in any sense be head thereof; but is that Antichrist, that man of sin and son of perdition that exalteth himself in the church against Christ and all that is called God" (
Westminster Confession,
chapter 25, art. 6).

3) I've always been a big fan of Revelations- the imagery alone makes reading it worthwhile. But during my various interpretations of it, I'm not sure whether to think of the Antichrist to be a religious figure alone, a political figure alone, or some combination thereof- hence the two beasts created- one from the sea, and one from the earth. The second beast has the power of the first, and brings the world to worship the first... I can think of a load of people that fall into this list, some that were mentioned, some that weren't...

4) Last part... They say that one of the things that the Antichrist will preach is "an earthly life of peace and prosperity, of health and happiness -- that is salvation"... Kinda hard to refute that in today's world where money rules. I saw a tag on a wall once that said "God bless America and the Yankee Dollar". Until you can convince people that money isn't important, going by the quote, then the world is doomed to eternal damnation in the fiery pits of Gehenna.

These are all just thoughts coming though a head that didn't get much sleep last night... In fact, sleep sounds good right now...

• 1 year later...
Guest Case

Your choices:

post-386-1180888241_thumb.jpg

Vladimir Putin -- Starting to throw out a lot of Cold War sounding rhetoric with threats, e.g., point missles at Europe if the US provides a defense shield against Iranian weapons.

post-386-1180888350_thumb.jpg

Admadinejad -- Latest Hitler-esque speech talks about the countdown to the end of Israel.

Niether the antichrist is gona seem like one of the best guys out there say a thing like obama... but way better pr.. hes to stuipd to be him lol

He'll be christ like ie a good guy that will fool everyone not some ex kgb killer or a nut job from the sand or some guy who cant even talk to little kids without a teleprompter LOL that is just funny laugh.gif

Edited by Case