Hello from Texas

Guest bettyew

Guest bettyew

I'm new to this board and to Millennium. I bought the DVDs because I knew CC had created the show.

I watched the Pilot, but then, I'm ashamed to admit, I never watched another episode. I just finished Season 3. What an awesome series! I was watching x-Files every week so I knew about Millennium. I guess the sex and violence of the first story just turned me off. Plus, Lance H. didn't look like David Duchovny. I missed a lot of fun.

Does anyone here know why Morgan and Wong left the series and why CC has an almost apologetic

attitude toward Season 2. I personally think Season 2 can stand up there as one of the best seasons in television history. Even if CC wasn't involved as much, it was wonderful work all around, especially Kristen Cloke and Terry O'Quinn. I loved Peter Watts and didn't like what they made him become during the third season. I'm glad he has finally gotten recognition lately for his excellent work for years for 1013.

Anyway, I'm glad I found this forum.

• Elders (Admins)

HI welcome to TIWWA and tahnsk for saying hello!

I'm not sure why M&W left without lookig it up, but I recall that S2 was supposed ot be the last season, hence the more apocolyptic elements and Virus outbreak at the end of the season. I think M&W then went onto other things. When S3 started, the events of the end of S2 had to be downplayed with the outbreak victim count being much smaller.

I too hated what they did to Peter and the MLM Group in S3 and its one of the many reasons I prefer S1 and S2, although S3 certainly had its gems too and of course we got to see Frank for another year! Chris Carter came back and took hold to get it back to what he originally wanted the show to be, but he should have done more to put Peter and the Group back on track. I think this would have happened in S4 had there been one.

Welcome again to the site! :ouro:

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
I'm new to this board and to Millennium. I bought the DVDs because I knew CC had created the show.

I watched the Pilot, but then, I'm ashamed to admit, I never watched another episode. I just finished Season 3. What an awesome series! I was watching x-Files every week so I knew about Millennium. I guess the sex and violence of the first story just turned me off. Plus, Lance H. didn't look like David Duchovny. I missed a lot of fun.

Does anyone here know why Morgan and Wong left the series and why CC has an almost apologetic

attitude toward Season 2. I personally think Season 2 can stand up there as one of the best seasons in television history. Even if CC wasn't involved as much, it was wonderful work all around, especially Kristen Cloke and Terry O'Quinn. I loved Peter Watts and didn't like what they made him become during the third season. I'm glad he has finally gotten recognition lately for his excellent work for years for 1013.

Anyway, I'm glad I found this forum.

Welcome bettyew. Yes, I agree, and in my humble opinion, season two of Millennium was the best, and given the fact that Millennium was my all time favorite show, I guess it stands to reason that I rank it as the number one season of anything ever on TV. I have been over the Morgan and Wong issue so many times that I will let someone else take a crack at it. I can say that if you read through some of the old threads, you will probably run across that topic discussed here in great depth.

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
i believe the unoffical reason M&W departed was due to creative differences. I think it was something more sinister

I think that Morgan and Wong were turned into zombies, like we see in the XF episode Folie A Deux. Therefore, I think it was necessary to replace them in season 3. Personally, I think they could have written better episodes than most writers, even as zombies, but Chris Carter clearly disagreed, and he result was season 3 starting out with some junk like "The Innocents", "Exegisis" and "13 Years Later" in the early going. I actually think that Innocents and Exegisis weren't that bad and they have grown on me, and I think that season 3 was really pretty good, but I also think it would have been better if Morgan and Wong were along for the ride.

Actually I see the third season Peter Watts more like a man deeply divided between his loialty to truth and friends, and the fear for his familly. It's not that Peter Watts becomes evil out of the blue. Actually is more a man torn by his uncertainty regarding the Group. He knows his friend is right, but he fears to admit it.

Thats true and he did the right thing in the end!

So much so that in the he paid with his life. I tell you, the last episode of the Millenium saga left me such a sense of emptyness and sadness. Peter dead, Frank and Jordan gone with the wind, Emma tortured by the Groups blackmail. It's such a pitty that the top brasses at Fox decided to cut it short.

Guest SouthernCelt
So much so that in the he paid with his life. I tell you, the last episode of the Millenium saga left me such a sense of emptyness and sadness. Peter dead, Frank and Jordan gone with the wind, Emma tortured by the Groups blackmail. It's such a pitty that the top brasses at Fox decided to cut it short.

A-a-a-h-h-h-h, but was it Peter that was dead on the floor? We don't really know for sure.

• Elders (Admins)

I've been hopeful and told myself he wasn't and that he would be back in the 4th season if there had been one.

On the other hand I read in a recentish interview with Terry (mostly about Lost of course) that he felt Peter was dead but even he didn't know to this day if that were the case. So I continue to hope... :notworthy: