Chris Carter Speaks

Rate this topic

The X-Files creator Chris Carter — the last producer to drive his own series down the feature highway — doesn't believe a Sopranos movie will happen. "I can't imagine that Chase will do it. The series ended for me so perfectly, I don't want it to go on. I'm happy to think of Tony Soprano in that final frame, in that final moment." Making the X-Files movie left Carter with an appreciation of the differences between the two mediums. "Anyone who's considering going from the small screen to the big screen should think twice. The urge is to try to outdo yourself, to do something bigger than you've done. But I don't presume to give David Chase advice. I think he can do no wrong. But I can tell you I'll be there on opening night to see that movie." (And what's Carter up to now? He says he's signed up series stars David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson for a second X-Files movie.)

The X-Files creator Chris Carter — the last producer to drive his own series down the feature highway — doesn't believe a Sopranos movie will happen. "I can't imagine that Chase will do it. The series ended for me so perfectly, I don't want it to go on. I'm happy to think of Tony Soprano in that final frame, in that final moment." Making the X-Files movie left Carter with an appreciation of the differences between the two mediums. "Anyone who's considering going from the small screen to the big screen should think twice. The urge is to try to outdo yourself, to do something bigger than you've done. But I don't presume to give David Chase advice. I think he can do no wrong. But I can tell you I'll be there on opening night to see that movie." (And what's Carter up to now? He says he's signed up series stars David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson for a second X-Files movie.)

We've heard so much abt the fact that they are making xf2, I wish they w/d get on with it. I had already seen an article in which GA states that she knows CC's lawsuit w/Fox was over & done.

Maybe Joe s/d give them a push. Maybe you c/d be in it, Joe.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Ebdim9th

My first post was just about this... there's nothing new under a blood red, swollen end-of-all-times near-nova-ing sun...

• 1 month later...
Guest lilblackgirl

there's some irony there. i swear i saw a quote today from Duchovny saying that they start filming in November, he's seen the finished script, and he's sworn to secrecy punishable by death if any information is revealed about the film. I, for one, am stoked about the film. As much as i was disappointed about the last 2-3 seasons of the show, it still stands as one of my all time favorites. If not the top...