MLM Wallpaper - Time

Rate this topic

how do you guys create this wallpaper?

i want to do it

HighPlainsDrifter,

The first thing that you need is a halfway decent graphics package. Photoshop if you have money to burn or Gimp, that has as many features but is free. Do a search on the Net for GIMP and if you use a Win machine or Linux then there is a version for you. Another one is PaintShop Pro that I use as well.

The majority of the effects are created with "Layers" these can be set to different transparent properties so that the images can be artistically overlayed. You can also use plain layer, say black and by making it more see through then you can get a smoky effect to tone down the brighter colours.

You can take any of the pictures of different MLM scenes and try blending them together, add text etc.

To sum it all up the best advice is to get one of the packages and just play around with them. Trial and error.

Good luck. :bigsmile:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Jim McLean

Great wallpaper. Never been a fan of montages with large italic writing pasted in.. you get a lot of those on the net. Seen some great "no frills" wallpapers here. Wonderful for a practical guy like myself!

Edited by Jim McLean

• Elders (Admins)
HighPlainsDrifter,

The first thing that you need is a halfway decent graphics package. Photoshop if you have money to burn or Gimp, that has as many features but is free. Do a search on the Net for GIMP and if you use a Win machine or Linux then there is a version for you. Another one is PaintShop Pro that I use as well.

The majority of the effects are created with "Layers" these can be set to different transparent properties so that the images can be artistically overlayed. You can also use plain layer, say black and by making it more see through then you can get a smoky effect to tone down the brighter colours.

You can take any of the pictures of different MLM scenes and try blending them together, add text etc.

To sum it all up the best advice is to get one of the packages and just play around with them. Trial and error.

Good luck. :bigsmile:

If you want a free image program, I can also recommend Paint.NET.

You can find more info on it in the LINKS section of TIWWA or go to the official site at https://www.getpaint.net/

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest Selenolycus

Mind sharing its source (be it psd or whatever)? I'd like to add it to my rotation, but the resolution's limiting.

• 4 months later...
Mind sharing its source (be it psd or whatever)? I'd like to add it to my rotation, but the resolution's limiting.

Just checked my archive and I no longer have the psd file anymore.

If it helps the font that I used to create the text is Batik Regular.ttf and is in the download section of this site.

StuartW