I have lost a dear friend and family member...

First I would like to thank everyone for sharing a part of your live's with me that is personal, I also would like to apoligize for opening some closed doors in all your live"s. Your experiences have knocked on my front door it seems.

This morning when I came home from work my wife asked me how I was doing? I just smiled, she smiled and we changed the subject.

In some ways I still have so many doubts and I believe I should have walked more then the extra mile before agreeing to do the right thing as we all say. I guess I will live with this question for sometime before dealing with reality...

All of the personal experiences I have read are heartbreaking and at the same time have provided me with some clarity in my thoughts and feelings.

I still feel a part of me has been stolen, it might have been selfish if we decided to prolong this decision one might believe, but I'm overwhelmed at how much this hurts...

Now I have a kicker to add to this..

While all of this was happening at the animal hospital my wife could not deal with seeing our loved one move on... My wife was distraught and turned away as she could not watch only to be greated by a small cat about 4 weeks old reaching through a cage towards her. My wife touched the little kittens paw then noticed it's back right leg had been amputated.

Well without my knowledge my wife apparently made several inquires about this little fella after we left the animal hospital.

Here is the story.. The cat was injured at a farm! (we still have no idea how the cat was injured) and left to die by it's owners thinking it was so young and who would want a three legged cat! So the the owners just left it in a field thinking nature will take it's course.

Apparently someone seen this poor soul crying out loud and reported it too a cat humaine society. The cat was brought to the same hospital and the society paid to have the kittens leg saved if possible.

Well the leg was so badly damaged it had to be amputated to save the kittens life. Now the kitten has been in the hospital for two weeks according to the vet and the hospital and the society could not find a home for the little fela.

So once again that Fu%$^% word Euthanization was going to happen seeing no one wanted to adopt the little fella.

Today when I woke up late in the afternon as I worked graveyard shift last night, I was introduced to the newest member of my Family... I now have a three legged cat that we named Taz that was adopted @ 1530hrs by my wife.

All I can say now is what a ride we call life.... Sheba will never be forgotten or replaced in my heart, but my wife and I love animals in an abnormal way!

Bless you all for listening.....

Previously on Farscape

• Elders (Moderators)

Archer, it was very sweet of you and your wife to give Taz a home! I'm happy for all of you.

(On a sidenote: if I said what I'd like to do to those people who abandoned this kitten, I'd probably get banned. So I won't say it.)

Guest SouthernCelt
Archer, it was very sweet of you and your wife to give Taz a home! I'm happy for all of you.

(On a sidenote: if I said what I'd like to do to those people who abandoned this kitten, I'd probably get banned. So I won't say it.)

You won't get any complaint from me. I'd probably be there helping you. I simply cannot turn away a throwaway animal whether I find them or they find me, whether they're young or old. That's why we're currently dealing with 5 dogs and 8 cats, so many I can't find time to get pictures of all of them or to even give them permanent names (names have to fit their personalities and cats are hard to judge sometimes except that they're all independent as can be).

Guest MillenniumIsBliss

It sounds like Taz has found a great new home. It almost sounds like you were destined to find each other. :yes:

Situations like that are some of the best reasons to take in a pet. I've had many cats & some dogs come my way like that. Baby birds have been raised & released. I even raised a crow one time. If my mom could've reached some baby squirrels in the attic, whose mother died of an infected leg, she w/d've raised them. Unfortunately, falling off of the beams is an invitation to being zapped & they were tucked away in front corner where we couldn't get to them. She had a couple of neighborhood boys bring them carrots & throw them close to the nest but they were too young, I suppose.

Two out of 3 of my best loved dogs found me. Rusty a chow-sheperd & my Dutchie, both suffered abuse before I took them in. Rusty w/d leap off of a 4' front porch & attack the neighbor's broom, if the neighbor was sweeping his sidewalk. I can't stand to hear / see people being mean to animals. To me, they are even more helpless than people-@ least people learn to communicate as they age.

You won't get any complaint from me. I'd probably be there helping you. I simply cannot turn away a throwaway animal whether I find them or they find me, whether they're young or old. That's why we're currently dealing with 5 dogs and 8 cats, so many I can't find time to get pictures of all of them or to even give them permanent names (names have to fit their personalities and cats are hard to judge sometimes except that they're all independent as can be).

Amen to that!

One day, I hope to be able to have the room for my own animal sanctuary. I get sick every day, knowing the numbers of cats and dogs that are being murdered in gas chambers and with leathal injection.... Creatures who's only crime was being born at all.... and they are treated with as much cruelty as the most horrible of murderers.

Archer.... I'm so glad to hear about your new addition. Sometimes, life works this way. When it is time for one to move on to the next life, another is able to be saved. Taz is very lucky to have you and your wife to love him.

We'd love to see pictures sometime!

Amen to that!

One day, I hope to be able to have the room for my own animal sanctuary. I get sick every day, knowing the numbers of cats and dogs that are being murdered in gas chambers and with leathal injection.... Creatures who's only crime was being born at all.... and they are treated with as much cruelty as the most horrible of murderers.

Archer.... I'm so glad to hear about your new addition. Sometimes, life works this way. When it is time for one to move on to the next life, another is able to be saved. Taz is very lucky to have you and your wife to love him.

We'd love to see pictures sometime!

Thanks for asking.....

I just took a whole bunch last night. I will post them later on today for everyone to see! He is a hand full, I just wish I could have even an ounch of his energy.

Taz has put a smile on some broken hearts... He has put some happiness back where all else has failed.... :ouro:

Edited by Archer

Previously on Farscape