They Changed.

Rate this topic

Guest Owls

Guest Owls

They said that format of region will be all, now will be one.

Why they change?

The worst is because i don´t know if the pack will came to my country, here only the "pop" things came, like all of XF boxes... :ghostface:

Tims is Near- God Bless for this

But Mabus will die soon...

Guest ender.wiggin

Where do you live?

Regardless, if you cannot find it for sale in your region and you are forced to order a copy from another region, you do have several options; watch the DVDs on your PC by (1) changing the DVD region option in Windows XP for the DVD drive (note that you can only change it up to 4 times before it becomes permannent), (2) download and install a DVD region free program that will allow you to change the region settings as many times as you wish, or rip the DVD and reburn them onto a DVD or CDs (VCD/SVCD) to watch on your DVD player.

Guest Second Coming

Also there' s a way to make your dvd player region free. But I don't know how.

Guest Befallen

wiggin, I have heard of these programs that would let you change the region on your PC how many times you wish, but the -only- one I've found costs quite a lot to download... since I'm not sure about its effects or abilities (does it really work for ALL computers?) I've never dared buy it. Do you know if there's a free version of some sort?

Guest ender.wiggin
Do you know if there's a free version of some sort?

Yes, there are several freeware versions avaiable:

DVD Genie

DVD Region Killer

DVD43

You can find other versions (trialware) listed at DVDhelp

Note that changing the region code affects the BIOS or EPROM in the DVD drive, if you change the region more than 4 times in Windows XP or if something goes wrong with the region-free software, reinstalling Windows will not allow you to reset the region on the drive. You are stuck with the last region setting for the drive. Moreover reflashing or upgrading the hardware BIOS probably will not allow you to change the region setting again.

Good luck!

Edited by ender.wiggin

Guest Befallen

Thanks wiggin, that's very helpful! I'll download those and test them out later in the week..

Guest se7en

.......Hi folks! IMHO: you cannot go wrong with "DVD REGION KILLER". it's a quick download and VERY easy to use/activate.....and it works like a charm!

~GOOD LUCK!

se7en :ouro: